The Steinberg UR816C 16x16 USB Type-C Gen 3.1 Audio Interface is an audio interface designed to record ensembles and bands anywhere, doing so with professional-grade sound quality all the while. Make use of its 32-bit converters for a wide dynamic range, and record at sample rates of up to 192 kHz for capturing detailed sonic nuances. Whether you record yourself at the home studio or want to record your band at the rehearsal space, the UR816C will come in handy, particularly if you wish to record your own band's music.
The interface offers eight combo XLR-1/4" inputs, two of which can accept Hi-Z instruments, so you can record your basses and guitars direct and with fine degrees of resolution. You'll find four combination XLR-/14" inputs on the front panel, four in the rear, and level controls for both on the front.
Connect to your monitors via two 1/4" TRS jacks in the back of the unit, or make use of two 1/4" headphone outputs on the front panel with their own volume controls. That way, you can monitor while you engineer, and the instrumentalist can listen while recording.
The interface can communicate over a USB GEN 3.1 connection for seamless integration with Mac and Windows computers. The port is also backwards compatible to USB 2.0. Even iOS devices running iOS 10 and later are supported, so you can record straight to your iPad. You'll also find optical ports for ADAT and S/PDIF, so you can loop in other preamps if need be.
In HA mode, you can even daisy-chain two UR816Cs together for a 32-channel system, giving you the ability to record large ensembles live. You can clock the interface to external devices over a 75-ohm BNC terminal, or distribute wordclock sync to another device.
If high-resolution internet broadcasting of DJ sets, lessons, twitch streams, or even concerts is something that piques your fancy, you'll be excited for the Loopback function. This merges your recording channels with playback audio from your DAW, so you can broadcast it all at once.
Multiple effects are included, including REV-X reverb and guitar amplifier emulations. For home recording and production, Cubasis LE and Cubase AI are included, as is zero-latency monitoring matrix software called dspMixFx. The interface is powered over USB, though you can use a separately available 5V DC adapter.
Key Features at a Glance
- 32-bit / 192 kHz audio resolution
- Lightning fast USB Gen 3.1 over USB Type-C
- Rugged build
- Latency-free monitoring with DSP effects
- Class A D-PRE mic preamps
- Compatible with all major audio software
- HA Mode to daisy-chain two UR816Cs together
- iOS ready via CC Mode
- Loopback function for streaming
- Cubase AI, Cubasis LE, and dspMixFx mixing application included
- Included reverb, channel strip, and guitar amplifier effects
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.