SP501 is a single slot 500-series class-A unit with a unique hybrid design including both vintage and modern circuits derived from TK’s flagship DP1 stereo preamp. The midrange crunch of the germanium sound of the mid 60’s, the low mid punch and thick sound associated with British Class A from the early 70’s as well as the more modern tone from the 80’s and 90’s are finally all available in a single unit.
SP501’s input stage is built around a high quality Swedish Lundahl transformer followed by a germanium stage that adds more harmonics. Two different output stages can be selected – either an electronically balanced stage, or a discrete transformer-balanced class-A stage sporting a heavy Carnhill output transformer. Vintage Class A mode produces a fat and punchy sound with mid-range character and a warm top end, while the electronically balanced output stage is less colored and perfect for clean amplification. A sweepable HPF from 30Hz to 400Hz allows precision crafting of the low end.
- Lundahl input transformer
- Carnhill output transformer
- Selectable germanium circuit for extra harmonics
- Sweepable high-pass filter, 30-400Hz, 12dB/oct
- Hi-Z instrument input
- Selectable output stages, electronically balanced or discrete class-A
Power requirement: +130mA / -130mA
Input impedance: 1600 / 400 ohm
Instrument input impedance: Higher than 2Mohm
Max output level: +24dBu
Gain switch in 5dB steps. -25 to 80dB. +5dB to -50 with pad
48v phantom power
Selectable output stage: vintage transformer balanced class-A or electronically balanced
Germanium drive: inserts a germanium gain stage after the input stage
Sweepable high pass filter, 30-400Hz, 12dB sloop
Impedance switch: 1600ohm/400ohm
Hi-Z input, instrument input with more than 2Mohm input impedance
Output level control
Illuminated switches, except for the phantom toggle switch
Specifications and components may be changed or updated without further notice.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.