CL 2A DUAL OPTO COMPRESSOR
The TUBE-TECH CL 2A is an all-tube optical compressor with two independent, linkable channels.
CL 2A is a great compressor on all sources, and it is widely known as an excellent “problem solver” when delicate gain control is called for.
Use it on keyboards, guitars, vocals or even on the mix buss – the result is always musical, smooth and transparent. Among engineers, the CL 2A is loved because of its ability to keep instruments at their right place in the mix, while still retaining their dynamics.
Features and Technical Specifications
CL 2A is a two channel all-tube opto compressor, featuring two independent channels. The optical gain reduction element is placed after the input transformer and followed by an all tube-based output amplifier with a +10 dB gain.
A link switch is provided for use of the two separate compressors in stereo mode or for linking several compressors together. Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen.
The power supply and the sidechain circuit are based on solid state designs. With the exception of the anode voltage for the output stage, all DC voltages are stabilized.
- Low-distortion optical gain reduction element
- All-tube based push-pull amplifier
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -80 dBU @ 10 dB gain
- CMRR: > 60 dB @ 10 kHz
- Variable ratio from 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Continuously variable attack and release times
- Output gain: Off to +10 dBU
- Variable threshold: Off to -20 dBU
- VU meters show output or compression
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Interconnection of several compressors via two busses
- Clickless In/Out relay
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Input and output are transformer balanced and fully floating
FAQ: What’s the difference between CL1B and CL2A?
The TUBE-TECH CL2A design is based on the famous CL1B but not exactly the same.
- CL2A versus CL1B: CL2A is based on the CL1B, but it”s not a stereo CL1B!
- Some differences exist between the two units: CL2A features a different optical element, with a little more “soft”or “rounded” action compared to the element in the CL1B.
- The amount of transparency you get when using the CL2A is similar to the CL1B.
- The tube amplifier circuit is basically the same, with the main difference being that the input transformer and the tube amps in the CL2A delivers a more “normal” amount of gain compared to the CL1B
- The control circuit has been changed so the CL2A”s max release time is two seconds.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.