Classic tube and solid-state tones with 1176-style compression and professional A/D conversion.
By merging the best of UA’s classic analog design with smart modern features and workflow enhancements, the 4-710d is the most flexible microphone preamp in the UA lineup.
Featuring four high-end mic/line preamps with a unique tube/solid-state tone blending circuit, as well as classic 1176-style compression on each mic channel, the 4-710d also offers tons of digital I/O to expand your setup.
NOW YOU CAN:
- Track through meticulously designed UA tube preamp circuitry
- Blend tube and solid-state textures for tons of flexibility
- Harness classic 1176-style compression on each mic channel
- Add 8 inputs to any Apollo interface via ADAT
Bring your Mic Collection to Life with a Wide Range of UA Preamp Tones
At the core of the 4-710d are four channels of tone-blending “Twin-Finity” mic preamps. Each channel offers 100% tube and 100% solid-state signal path, as well as the ability to continuously blend between the two circuits. This gives you tons of textures — from creamy to crunchy — and lets you dial in the perfect amount of tube grit or solid-state sheen.
A Legendary Compression Circuit
Each of the 4-710d’s four channels features true-bypass 1176-style compression, including specially tuned "fast" and "slow" settings. This enables quick, on-the-fly tweaking for fattening up a vocal, hold a bass guitar in place, or for adding sizzle and texture to synths and horns.
Add Inputs and Professional A/D Conversion
With eight analog inputs, the 4-710d is perfect for expanding your studio. Digitized via ultra high-quality 24-bit A/D converters at selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz, the 4-710d easily connects to most interfaces with its dual ADAT optical or AES/EBU DB-25 connectors.
- Four TEC Award-winning 710 Twin-Finity™ microphone/line preamps, each featuring:
- Dual-path 285-volt Class-A tube and transimpedance solid-state preamps
- Phase-aligned tone-blending of tube and solid state circuits, creamy to crunchy
- Newly designed 1176-style compression circuit per preamp channel
- JFET Direct Input with 2.2MΩ ultra Hi-Z impedance w/auto input override
- Large backlit VU meters for flexible metering of input drive, gain level, and gain reduction
- Balanced send/return inserts (half-normalled)
- 48V phantom power
- 75 Hz low cut filter
- Polarity switch
- Monolithic balanced output stage
- Eight channels of high quality 24-bit A/D conversion:
- Selectable sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Digital output via dual ADAT optical and AES/EBU DB-25 connectors
- 8-channel soft limiter (switchable for all channels)
- Ultra-low jitter clock subsystem
- LED metering array with clip/hold indicators
- 75Ω BNC work clock I/O
- Digital outputs anti-pop protection on power-up
- Universal voltage internal power supply
- Heavy-duty metal construction, two-space rack unit
- One year warranty including parts and labor
Welcome to ScitScat Music!
Scitscat's aim is to please and have been doing just that since 1994, over 100,000 Internet and store transactions in that time.
Music is our love and we have GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) just like you. We buy studios, closeouts, and other gear in quantity and pass the savings on to you, our customers and friends.
We are musicians who write, record, produce, and play live just like you! We absolutely love music.
Our gear changes on an hourly basis and so will our website, so check back often as you won’t want to miss out on some unbelievable gear! I guarantee you that you will love doing business with us! You will get the respect that you deserve! You have Our word on that.
Free Items - Please note that pictures of any Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Digital Delivery - After finalizing your order for any downloadable product, you’ll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading. Downloads are Non-Returnable Items. Download Emailed Globally.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.