Poised to be the center of a home studio or mobile rig, the Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition desktop 10x6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface combines the sound, feel, and flow of analog studio recording with powerful DUO Core real-time UAD processing and a hearty bundle of 25 stellar UAD plug-ins.
Furnished with elite-class 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion akin to the popular Apollo X rackmount interfaces, the Apollo Twin X DUO gives musicians, producers, songwriters, and audio engineers the appreciable value of crystal-clear, high-resolution recording and mixing with low distortion (-117 dB) and immense dynamic range (127 dB).
The interface features two XLR-1/4" mic/line combo inputs and a 1/4" Hi-Z input, all with Unison integration for precise UAD emulations of classic analog preamps—impart vintage character of your choosing on microphone and instrument recordings while bypassing the unpredictable nature of old equipment.
Thanks to the switchable low-cut filter, pad, polarity inversion, 48V phantom power, and stereo linking on each analog input, you can efficiently optimize your incoming signals with straightforward buttons on the Apollo Twin X DUO's face. In addition to the two primary analog inputs, you can record up to eight more channels by connecting external preamps with ADAT or S/PDIF optical outputs to the TOSLINK optical input port on the Apollo Twin X DUO.
The built-in DUO Core processing allows you to monitor and record audio using classic analog emulations with near-zero latency and no burden on your computer's CPU. The plug-in bundle included with the Heritage Edition empowers you with 25 top-notch plug-ins ranging from vintage compressor and EQ collections to virtual guitar/bass amps and time-based processors. The included Console application provides control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings including channel-strip presets, drag-and-drop functionality, and dynamically resizable windows.
Mac and Windows drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more. The interface also integrates seamlessly with LUNA, Universal Audio's free Mac-based, single-window recording system with unlimited track counts and full Audio Units plug-in support.
The Apollo Twin X DUO offers a comprehensive monitor section with talkback functionality and dedicated front-panel controls for Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono functions, as well as input and output metering capabilities. In addition to the dedicated stereo monitor feed and front-panel headphone output, two 1/4" line outputs are available for connection to a second set of monitors.
At any point, you can increase the power and capability of the Apollo Twin X DUO through integration of qualified Universal Audio hardware. Up to four Apollo interfaces and six total UAD-2 devices can be combined, allowing Thunderbolt users the ability to expand their I/O and DSP without abandoning the Apollo Twin X DUO. The Thunderbolt 3 port is backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via a qualified adapter (available separately).
The Power of Apollo
- Track, overdub, and mix with high-resolution AD/DA conversion and DSP-powered plug-ins
- DUO Core UAD processing for tracking through models of vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amps with near-zero latency and no burden on your computer’s CPU
- Unison technology nails the tone of sought-after tube and solid-state mic pres including their input impedance, gain-stage sweet spots, and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware
- High-speed Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Mac and Windows computers (Thunderbolt cable available separately)
- Convenient desktop form factor with reliable AC powering (external power supply included)
- Free, industry-leading phone/online technical support from knowledgeable audio engineers
I/O for the Studio
- 10x6 audio interface with two Unison-enabled microphone preamps (via XLR-1/4" combo mic/line inputs), providing emulations of classic analog preamps with near-zero latency
- One front-panel, Unison-enabled 1/4" Hi-Z input for direct connection of a guitar, bass, or keyboard
- Stereo 1/4" monitor output and one 1/4" headphone output, each with dedicated level control
- Two additional 1/4" line-level outputs, may be used for alternate monitor outputs
- Add up to eight extra input channels via one TOSLINK optical ADAT port (may alternatively be used for stereo S/PDIF)
- Built-in monitor controller with monitor remote functions and mono, mute, dim, and alt monitor controls
- Integrated talkback and cues for easy communication and slate functionality
- Comprehensive front-panel metering and fast, intuitive controls, no menu-diving required
Expandable I/O and DSP
- Cascade up to four Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces and six UAD-2 Thunderbolt devices for expanded I/O and DSP
- Expand your studio with an Apollo X rackmount unit (available separately), so you can use your Apollo Twin X DUO as a desktop monitor controller with additional I/O and DSP power
- Backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via a qualified adapter (available separately)
25 Powered Plug-Ins
- UA 610-A Tube Preamp and EQ (Vintage)
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ (Modern)
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection (1176LN Rev E, 1176 Rev A, and 1176AE 40th Anniversary Edition)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec MEQ-5 EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection (EQP-1A, MEQ-5, and HLF-3C)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection (LA-2A Silver, LA-2A Gray, and LA-2)
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Pure Plate Reverb
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Integration with LUNA Recording System for Mac
- Works with all major DAWs including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more
- Apollo Twin X DUO becomes a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, a powerful free recording application for Mac from Universal Audio
- Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, LUNA lets you track and mix using an intuitive single-window workflow with unlimited track counts, full Audio Units plug-in support, and access to a suite of exclusive LUNA Instruments and Extensions such as Studer multitrack tape and Neve Summing
In the Box
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition Desktop 10x6 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface with Real-Time UAD Processing
- External Power Supply
- 25 x UAD Plug-Ins (Download)
- LUNA Recording Software for Mac (Download)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Not in the Box
- TB3 Thunderbolt 3 Data Cable
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.