How do you describe a pedal like the Wampler Ethereal? Does ambient heaven cover it? Is it the gateway between real life and the astral plane? Or is it just gorgeous?
It’s hard to know which phrase to use when talking about it, because they all match it perfectly… plus, of course, so easy to use you’ll be getting those perfectly Ethereal tones instantly.
How many times have you sat in front of your favorite ambient pedal and felt like you need weeks of training at NASA to use it? Knobs, switches, sliders…It’s often SO hard and frustrating to find a usable tone on those things quickly... Keeping that firmly in mind, when we first considered making an ambient pedal, ease of use was a top priority, right up there with top tier quality tone on par with pedals at twice the price.
When designing the Ethereal these were the EXACT thoughts running through the mind of Brian Wampler. He wanted to make a delay that is as pure as you could want, with a time of up to 1s, a reverb that is thick and then have the option to mix them all up and put them together in one glorious effect that will send you away… all the way away while making it as easy to use and easy to find those perfect tones as possible.
Oh, and did we tell you – it’s been a bit of a secret, there isn’t one delay lurking within the Ethereal, there are two!
- The first delay constantly sits there like a heartbeat, coming back at you at quarter notes, we then layer another over the top – that one can be put into a triplet pattern, or a dotted 8th (so you can get that beautiful quarter + dotted 8th mix)...
- ..and even a self-oscillating dotted eighth pattern that just takes you away and leads you over the edge and down the rabbit hole into perfect ambience… Things can get a little crazy when that one is selected, so you know, knock yourself out – it’s there to make some incredibly strange yet beautiful sounds…
- See that little switch down there? Yep, that’s the one, just to the right of the stomp - that’s a trails button. When this is used the delay patterns and reverbs sing out after the pedal has been deactivated, so you can even control what you want to come back at you.
While you are enjoying the delay patterns, sitting underneath is that beautifully cavernous plate style reverb that is alive with character and shape, that can be brought in to exactly the right level (whether that be under your guitar, the same level - unity, or even considerably louder) to compliment the delay.
As you can imagine, this has been some feat of engineering (definitely worth waiting for) as we wanted all this to happen from a regular sized box, with the purity of tone and response you would expect from a Wampler. So, as with our other time pedals, we split the signal going in, the effected signal is then laid back on top of the original base tone, making sure that YOUR guitar sounds exactly how it does going in.
The Wampler Ethereal. Not only can it be used a stand alone reverb or delay pedal, it can be combined for you to worship, to get lost in, to even help you inspect your shoes… but most of all, it was designed to inspire.
- Built in the U.S.A
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switch (buffered bypass in trails mode)
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- 9v power jack
- Power draw: 64mA (at 9v) and 68mA (at 18v) (LED will flash 3 times when power from battery is getting low)
- Allows for you to use reverb and two delays simultaneously
- Maximum 1 second delay
- Second delay can be layered on top in 3 different patterns
- 2.50″ x 4.50″ x 1.5″ (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.