The Return of a legend
The new Foxy Tone Box from Warm Audio is a hyper-accurate recreation of one of the most sought-after and beloved fuzz pedals of all time - used in the early seventies by legendary tone masters Billy Gibbons and Peter Frampton, and in the present day by folks like Adrian Belew, Nine Inch Nails and Beck. Covered in thick velvet just like the vintage pedal, the Warm Audio Foxy Tone Box faithfully recreates the vintage circuit and brings you the huge tone, octave-up sounds and look of the original…without having to pay crazy vintage prices!
Serious Attention to Detail
The specific components used in a pedal circuit are critical to the way that it sounds and reacts to your playing, so each Foxy Tone Box is assembled by hand using premium parts. We searched far and wide for a stash of the correct NOS (“New Old Stock”) Fairchild germanium transistors used in the original—and then paired them with germanium diodes, high-watt carbon resistors, and film capacitors to bring the fury of the vintage pedal to the present day. It’s true bypass, and it sounds like nothing else on earth!
fuzz it up
Just like the original, the Foxy Tone Box features controls for Volume, Sustain, and Fuzz (from “Mellow” to “Brite”), along with a switch to engage the pronounced octave effect. From mellow and subdued crunch to all-out searing fuzz and everything in between, this pedal is a virtual library of dirt encased in orange velvet!
To get started, keep the Octave switch off and roll the Fuzz to the “Mellow” side for warm, square-wave distortion. Then engage the Octave effect, crank the Fuzz to “Brite", and increase the Sustain for maxed-out, hyper-compressed tones that are barely hanging on for dear life! Electric guitar is the obvious application, but try it on synthesizers, drum machines, bass, acoustic/electric, and more. If you can plug a cable into it, the Foxy Tone Box can add character you just can’t get anywhere else.
- Faithful recreation of the original “foxy” fuzz circuit with 100% analog, fully discrete signal path
- Premium components used throughout, including the NOS 2N3565 germanium Fairchild transistors found in the original circuit
- Uses carbon resistors, germanium 1N34A diodes, and premium film capacitors
- True bypass operation
- Gold-plated PCB pads
- VOLUME, SUSTAIN, and FUZZ knobs
- OCTAVE SUSTAIN switch for engaging the octave-up effect
- 1/4" Input (INST) and Output (AMP) jacks
- Blue LED power indicator
- Groovy vintage enclosure covered in orange velvet
- Powered by 9V battery or standard 9V DC pedal adapter (2.1mm, center negative DC adapter included)
- Power consumption: 1.5mA
- Width: 6.5"
- Depth: 3.75"
- Height: 1.5"
- Weight: 1.4 lbs
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.