A modular mastering chain plugin modeled after the EMI TG12410 Transfer Console used in all Abbey Road's mastering suites since the early '70s to this day. Use the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain to create custom processing chains with a flexible flow and the TG magic on the master bus, or on individual tracks/groups in a mixing session.
The distinct solid-state transistor-based sound of the TG12410 has proven itself time and again over many decades. Whether it's used for mastering as a complete console, or for mixing with only select modules, the TG brings nothing less than magic — the same magic heard on albums like Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon, Nirvana's In Utero, Radiohead's OK Computer and Ed Sheeran's "+". Thanks to this Waves/Abbey Road collaboration, the TG12410 is available outside of Abbey Road Studios and you can now bring the very same magic to your own productions.
Just like the original console, the TG Mastering Chain plugin is made out of modules (or cassettes):
- TG12411 Input Module
- TG12412 Tone Module (EQ)
- TG12413 Compressor/Limiter Module
- TG12414 Filter Module
- TG12416 V.A.L (Spread) Module (stereo component only) incorporated into the Output Module.
Modules can be interchanged (except for input/output modules) and switched on/off to allow for a flexible processing flow and creating custom chains. Individual modules can be used on different tracks and group buses in a mixing session, as well as on the master bus in mastering sessions.
The compressor/limiter module offers two flavors — Original and Modern — and is coupled with 48 dB/Oct linear-phase sidechain filters to help you take complete control over your sound.
- Original — aggressive and "dirty" just like the '70s and exactly how we modeled it.
- Modern — an original Waves and Abbey Road design based on the TG topology, that will help you get pristine sound with higher levels of perceived loudness.
Alongside the TG Mastering Chain is the Meter Bridge component (separate plugin), offering a new approach to metering. Open one Meter Bridge component on any channel and get access (via drop-down) to all Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain instances in the session. Get a clear reading of VU, PPM, Phase and Peak at a glance, and stay focused on the music.
With different processing modes (Stereo/Duo/MS) and monitoring modes (Stereo/Mono/L/R/M/S), the Abbey Road TG Mastering Chain plugin is truly a powerful tool. Use it in the studio or for live sound with a dedicated Live component.
- Integral part of the Abbey Road sound since the early 1970s to the present day
- 5 modules that can be used independently
- Use in mastering or in mixing sessions
- 48 dB/Oct linear-phase sidechain filters
- Meter Bridge component provides a new approach to metering
- More than just the original sound (with a new compressor design, SC filters and the meter bridge)
- Stereo/Duo/MS processing modes
- Stereo/Mono/L/R/M/S monitoring modes
- Live component
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.