Designed for 16-channel setups that aspire to deliver superior sound quality, the SoundGrid Proton Server is Waves’ most affordable SoundGrid server yet.
This small but mighty unit is compatible with the eMotion LV1 16-stereo-channel live mixer and is ideal for adding processing power to any live environment – whether in a fixed setup or on the road.
With an Intel® Celeron® processor and 4 GB of RAM dedicated to plugin processing, you can use the eMotion LV1 16-channel mixer with eMo plugins (F2, Q4, D5) on all channels – at just 50% capacity, and at ultra-low latency of 0.8 ms at 48 kHz.
The half-rack 1U slick aluminum casing fits perfectly in a 1U rack shelf when paired with the Axis Proton Waves-optimized computer. Combine the Proton server with Axis Proton and the eMotion LV1 16-stereo-channel mixer to build the ultimate compact live mixing system for a 16-stereo-channel setup.
- Affordable price and exceptional performance for small venues
- Can be racked in a 1U rack shelf accessory
- Ultra-low latency: as low as 0.8 milliseconds at 48 kHz
- Use with any SoundGrid audio interface for plugin processing during recording or live mixing
- Durable aluminum casing (half rack 1U)
- CPU: Intel® Celeron®
- RAM 4 GB
- Power: DC12V 3A
- 6-month warranty
- 1x 1GbE Ethernet ports
- 1x HDMI port
- 3x USB ports
- Width: 19.5 cm / 7.6 in
- Length (front to back): 20.5 cm / 8 in
- Height: 3.8 cm / 1.5 in
Rubber Feet: Height: 4 mm / 0.15 in
Weight: 1.06 Kg / 2.34 lbs.
Includes a universal power adaptor with interchangeable plugs (UK, US, EU) (100-240V / 12V DC, 3A)
SuperRack & MultiRack Benchmarks
|Configuration (all stereo Racks)||Plugins||Sample Rate||SGS buffer size||Results|
|CPU Peak||CPU Average||Instances|
|16 Racks||API 2500||48 kHz||40||85||80||120|
|Ren Channel||48 kHz||40||85||81||98|
|SSL E-Channel||48 kHz||40||77||59||128 (max)|
|32 Racks||API 2500||48 kHz||40||67||60||63|
|Ren Channel||48 kHz||40||85||83||98|
|SSL E-Channel||48 kHz||40||85||60||141|
|64 Racks||API 2500||48 kHz||40||85||71||62|
|Ren Channel||48 kHz||40||80||75||88|
|SSL E-Channel||48 kHz||40||85||68||151|
The maximum number of plugins that can be tested given system limitations is 512 (64 SuperRack) for either mono or stereo. Plugin benchmark results may vary slightly from one system setup to another. While most plugins perform most efficiently at 44.1 kHz, a few perform as or even more efficiently at 96 kHz thanks to their upsampling or to algorithms that do not depend on sample rates.
* Plugin’s peak DSP usage level is much higher than its average level. Make sure to monitor peak levels on the DSP meter.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.