Xotic Effects Wah XW-1 is based on the Holy Grail wah, 1967-1968 Italian-built Clyde McCoy Wahs. With the Xotic XW-1 you don't get one or three sounds in one pedal, you get unlimited sounds with unique controls that shape and contour your sound the way you hear it. The adjustability and flexibility of the XW-1 makes this one of the most versatile wah pedals available today.
With the XW-1 you will enjoy some exciting and innovative features including:
- Self-lubricating nylon bushing pivot for quiet and smooth operation with fully-adjustable rocker pedal tension
- Gold contact relay true bypassing, which allows for transparent true bypass tone, while incorporating ultra reliable switching with minimum one million life cycle
- 20% smaller footprint than conventional wah pedals
- Fully adjustable Wah-Q and Bias controls and a two-band EQ with +/-15 dB center-detent potentiometers optimize the voicing for different playing styles and gear
- Fuzz-friendly buffering circuit assures a great sounding wah tone with your favorite fuzz pedals
External Controls & Features:
- Bias Control - Changing the bias warmer will lead the XW-1 to having slightly more output & firm up bass frequencies along with a more pronounced wah through the sweep. A cold bias is common with vintage wah pedals for a very clear voice that is more transparent in tone and smoother in operation.
- Wah Q Control - This knob adjusts the Q (the width of the filter peak) and in basic terms, adjusts the amount of the wah effect for precise filter shaping to achieve vocal-like effects.
- Treble & Bass Control - A two-band EQ with +/-15 dB center-detent potentiometers optimize the voicing for different playing styles and gear
- Adjustable Rubber Stopper - Located on the backside bottom of the treadle this rubber bumper can be shimmed to adjust the travel range of the pedal.
- Adjustable Pedal Torsion - Fully-adjustable rocker pedal torsion by adjusting Hex nut on the treadle.
- LED Indicator - The LED indicator is located at the top of the XW-1 and lights up when the pedal is on. One unique feature of the XW-1 is the LED will flash if the battery power falls below 50% and indicates that it is time to change the battery.
- DC Jack - 2.1mm x 5.5mm 9VDC - Negative Center. When an external power supply is used, the battery is disconnected from the circuit. When using a battery, the life of the battery can be extended if you unplug the input when the effect is not in use for long periods of time. Battery access is through the removal of bottom plate (4 screws).
- Bias Control
- Wah Q Control
- Treble & Bass Control
- Adjustable Pedal Torsion
- LED Indicator
- DC Jack
- Input Gain
- Relay Bypass Switching
- Internal Dip Switches
- Power Consumption: 9VDC/5mA
- Battery Type: 9VDC (006P) x 1
- AC Adapter (Optional): Regulated 9VDC / Negative Tips
- Input Impedance: 1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 10K ohm
- Nominal Intput Level -20 dBV
- Nominal Output Level -20 dBV
- Bypass: True Bypass
- Dimensions: D 8.27" (210mm) W 3.94" (100mm) H 2.64 (67mm)
- Weight: 2.16lb. (980g)
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.