Welcome to the new era in Synthesizers from the company that brought you the industry-changing DX and the hugely popular Motif.
Building on the legacy of these two iconic keyboards, the Yamaha Montage sets the next milestone for Synthesizers with sophisticated dynamic control, massive sound creation and streamlined workflow all combined in a powerful keyboard designed to inspire your creativity.
If you liked the DX and Motif, get ready to love Montage.
Motion Control Synthesis Engine - Unifies and controls two iconic sound engines: AWM2 (high-quality waveform and subtractive synthesis) and FM-X (modern, pure frequency modulation synthesis). These two engines can be freely zoned or layered across eight parts in a single MONTAGE Performance.
Interact with MONTAGE Performances using Motion Control: a highly programmable control matrix for creating deep, dynamic and incredibly expressive sound. With Motion Control, you can create new sounds not possible on previous hardware synthesizers.
Super Knob - Create dynamic sound changes from radical to sublime with the Super Knob. The Super Knob can control multiple parameters simultaneously, creating any sound imaginable.
For example, you can change your listening position from the front of an instrument to the back seat of a concert hall, or radically change the character of a performance from atmospheric and mellow to rhythmic and edgy.
The Super Knob can even be assigned to a second FC7 foot controller, which makes it easier to manipulate the sound when playing with both hands.
Motion SEQ - Motion Sequences are tempo-synchronized, customizable control sequences that can be assigned to virtually any synthesizer parameter and provide incredible new ways of programming sound.
Motion Sequences also have dedicated controls on the front panel making them easy to manipulate in real-time, providing incredible interactivity and expression.
Envelope Follower - The Envelope Follower converts audio into a control source for virtually any synthesizer parameter. For example, a drum loop could drive effects parameters for a cool rhythm or a vocal recording could control multiple parameters for a talking synthesizer. The audio can even be a “live” source through the A/D input.
AWM2 - Powered by proprietary Yamaha technology for data compression and sound playback, AWM2 allows tremendous data compression without sound quality loss for unparalleled, realistic sound reproduction. Experience rich stereo sound without having the available number of notes.
FM-X - An amazingly sophisticated, pure synthesizer engine capable of producing classic '80s or cutting-edge EDM sound with incredible dynamic range, power and fidelity. MONTAGE features an 8-operator FM architecture and 128-note polyphony, allowing for a massive array of sound design options.
Effects - From high-definition reverb to incredibly detailed Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects, MONTAGE is loaded with DSP innovation, power, and most importantly, sound quality. Use effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher to get a modern EDM sound. You can even add a compressor with sidechain for a modern ducking effect, or go retro with vintage effects like Analog Delay, VCM Phaser or a variety of Amp Simulators. Piano players will appreciate piano-focused effects like Damper Resonance for a super-realistic piano experience and HD reverb which allows you to put yourself in any performance space.
Pure Analog Circuit - Improves signal quality after being converted to analog from digital for clear, harmonic reproduction and even frequency response. The result is an output capable of reproducing MONTAGE internal content expressively with power and clarity.
Streamlined Workflow - How do you want to integrate the instrument with your system? How do you want to organize the onboard content? How do you want to interact with the instrument while you play? MONTAGE answers these questions and more with a flexible, streamlined workflow.
USB Audio/MIDI Connection - Connect MONTAGE to your computer with a single USB cable and capture every nuance of your creativity into your DAW. MONTAGE boasts a powerful USB driver that can send 16, and receive 3, channels of STEREO 24 bit/44.1 kHz digital audio to and from your computer or iOS device. MONTAGE is also class compliant and does not require any additional hardware.
The USB connection also features full MIDI support of 16 channels. MONTAGE supports the sampling rate up to 192 kHz.
Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) - Allows for seamless performance changes without any cut-off in envelope or effects. This is perfect for live performances.
* This function is only available for Performances that have a maximum of 8 parts.
A/D Input - Processes external audio sources with your instrument's DSP. Use microphones, guitars or any line source as an input and process it with the internal effects.
You can even use these sources with the Envelope Follower or Sidechain for a truly unique sound.
LIVE SET - Organize your performances without copying, changing the order or renaming. When a performance is selected, you can easily register it to a Live Set. This is perfect for playing gigs and creating your own organization scheme.
Direct Control Assignment - Assigns controls with the touch of a button. Simply select a parameter, press the Direct Control Assignment button, and move the controller to control that parameter.
Cubase AI bundle - MONTAGE is bundled with Cubase AI, Steinberg's professional music production application, which offers integrated recording and editing.
- Width 40-13/16"
- Height 5-3/16"
- Depth 15-9/16"
- Weight 33 lb
- Number of Keys - 61
- Type - FSX Keyboard
- Initial Touch - Yes
- Aftertouch - Yes
- Tone Generator - Motion Control Synthesis Engine AMW2: 8 Elements FM-X: 8 Operators, 88 Algorithms
- Maximum Polyphony - AWM2: 128 (max.; stereo/mono waveforms) FM-X: 128 (max.)
- Filter - 18 types
- Effects - Reverb x 12 types, Variation x 88 types, Insertion (A, B) x 88 types*, Master Effect x 26 types *A/D part insertion x 83 types (Preset settings for parameters of each effect type are provided as templates) Master EQ (5 bands), 1st part EQ (3 bands), 2nd part EQ (2 bands)
- Controllers - Master Volume, AD Input Gain knob, Pitch Bend wheel, Modulation wheel, Ribbon Controller, Control Sliders x 8, Knobs x 8, Super Knob, Data dial
- Display - 7" TFT Color Wide VGA LCD touch screen
- Connectors - [USB TO DEVICE], [USB TO HOST], MIDI [IN]/[OUT]/[THRU], FOOT CONTROLLER /, FOOT SWITCH [ASSIGNABLE]/[SUSTAIN], OUTPUT (BALANCED) [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, Balanced TRS jacks), ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT (BALANCED) [L]/[R] (6.3 mm, Balanced TRS jacks), [PHONES] (6.3 mm, standard stereo phone jack), A/D INPUT [L/MONO]/[R] (6.3 mm, standard phone jacks)
- USB audio interface - [Sampling Frequency = 44.1kHz] Input: 6 channels (3 stereo channels),Output: 32 channels (16 stereo channels) [Sampling Frequency = 44.1kHz - 192kHz] Input: 6 channels (3 stereo channels),Output: 8 channels (4 stereo channels)
- Live Sets - Preset: 128 and more, User: 2,048
- Comes With - AC Power cord, Owner’s Manual, Cubase AI Download Information
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.