Diego's Corner BLOG no. 54- UAD's NEVE 33609 / 33609SE COMPRESSOR plug-in.
Get gentle coloration to brickwall limiting for instruments or your mix bus”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.In this blog I will be discussing UAD's NEVE 33609 / 33609SE COMPRESSOR plug-in.
- Recreation of the Neve 33609 (rev C) — Derived from the original Neve 2254 compressor
- Exclusive Neve licensed/UA modeled 33609 bus compressor
- Compression curves and nonlinearities modeled to exacting detail
- Auto-release settings offer program dependent qualities
- “Software-only” controls link, output gain, and headroom switch
- Stereo or mono operation
- Includes SE version for higher instance count
- Requires a UAD DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
NOW YOU CAN:
- Harness the musical compression and nonlinearities of the Neve 33609 compressor on individual instruments or an entire mix
- Punch up a drum bus with colorful compression character or subtly tame transients
- Add or enhance dynamics to pianos, background vocals, and strings
- Take full advantage of the 33609’s unique personality with useful plug-in-only features
Universal Audio does it again
Introduced into the audio industry market about 30 years ago and often called "Metal Knob", the Neve 33609 is a collaboration of all the Class A/B Compressor models. Including the 2264, 32264 and the 33314 (broadcast version) compressor/limiter console modules. Neve is one of the most common and popular names in audio production. It's popular silky sound from its pre's and the soft knee dark compression it produces, makes it a very popular name in studios worldwide. There has been many companies that have created preamp's and compressors to sound and mimic the effects of a classic Neve piece. But very few have succeeded. Their original preamp's from back in the day I desired so highly that some studios still have units from back in the day, units they're easily 30 years old and Worth $10,000 per piece. Even though they require regular strict maintenance, they are still sought after
When used for mastering, this unit can really be or work course. Providing a very clean but effective compression sound. Not only is it transparent when you need it to be, but it can also handle very complex material where other compressors can't even match it's sounds.
The workmanship also it's something that Neve is known for. It's gray chassis code color, beautiful knobs, and antique classic look in meters, make it stand out from other equipment. You could almost tell a piece is a Neve piece just by looking at it once.
“Since 1969, the Neve 33609 stereo bus compressor has been a studio mainstay. Its smooth character coupled with its ability to be transparent or extremely colorful have made it a workhorse limiter not only for music production, but also mastering, post, and broadcast applications.
Exclusively licensed by Neve, the 33609 plug-in for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces expertly emulates the ultra-musical compression curves and nonlinearities of this legendary limiter. The Neve 33609 plug-in also adds modern workflow enhancements not found on the original hardware, including output and headroom controls, and a link switch for grouped left/right control of all parameters.”
Thanks once again for stopping by and please don't forget to subscribe and visit the (scitscat) website for great pricing and availability, and great sounding gear!
Links of interest
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feng Freelancer