8381A - SAM Adaptive Point Source Main Monitor
The first model to be launched in our The Main Ones Series, the 8381A is a full-range Adaptive Point Source Continued Directivity (PCD) five-way Smart Active (SAM) Monitoring system intended for free-standing placement and designed for precise stereo imaging
and neutral sound reproduction. This is ideal for high sound pressure level applications in medium to large control rooms in professional recording, mixing and mastering studios, and for the most demanding high-fidelity listening applications.
• Point Source Continued Directivity (PCDTM): Premiered on the 8381A, important frequencies are experienced radiating from the same location and in perfect time alignment – creating precise sound imaging, natural soundstage presentation, and enabling the lowest frequencies to be reproduced at their intended source locations.
• New High SPL Ultra-Linear Coaxial Driver: The novel Ultra-Linear Coaxial Driver, fitted
in a precision-engineered Directivity Control Waveguide (DCWTM), is supported by the Quad Midrange System (QMSTM) to enable point source characteristics, controlled directivity and precise soundstage imaging at the sound levels needed for main monitor applications. Designed and fully manufactured by Genelec in Iisalmi, Finland.
• Free-standing Placement: Adaptive Woofer System supports positional freedom to achieve ideal placement of the 8381A in the monitoring room, for precise, powerful monitoring in any environment – in any loudspeaker layout, from stereo to immersive.
• Quad Midrange System: The Quad Midrange System has the same acoustic axis with the Coaxial Driver, continues the controlled directivity of the Coaxial Driver in the DCW and offers high SPL. It reproduces low-midrange audio from the same location as the Coaxial Driver to extend the point source further down in frequency. Designed and fully manufactured by Genelec in Iisalmi, Finland.
• Easy System Calibration and Integration (SAMTM): Intelligent room adaption, advanced system management, and premium acoustic reporting from Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLMTM) software. GLM enables Smart Active Monitors and Subwoofers to smoothly cooperate and create monitoring systems of any size.
• Empowers engineers and listeners to perceive every sonic detail.
• True-to-life sound level and dynamics with the full flexibility of free-standing monitor placement and advanced room adaption - and simple, effortless installation.
• Controlled directivity and uncolored response both on and off the acoustic axis, with an ultra- wide frequency response spanning from 20 Hz to 35 kHz.
• The high SPL Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDCTM) midrange/tweeter driver combined with a powerful Genelec DSP engine delivers extraordinary clarity, imaging and adaptability.
• As a SAM system, the 8381A integrates tightly with our GLM software, delivering high resolution
and incredibly precise low frequency control, despite room acoustic influences – in all formats from stereo to high channel count immersive.
• Unlimited access to the GRADETM Room Acoustic Report feature of GLM, giving complete analysis of room and monitoring system performance, which helps to fine-tune acoustic treatment, system and listener positioning, and Bass Management.
8381A is a free-standing full-range adaptive five-way SAMTM monitoring system for medium to large control rooms in professional recording, mixing and mastering studios, and the most demanding high-fidelity listening applications.
COLOR OPTIONS FOR ENCLOSURE
Black or white.
2 years unregistered, and 10 years (in total) for registered users.
• The 8381A is shipped in a plywood-covered pallet containing the top and bottom enclosures (both needed for one complete unit), two individually calibrated RAM-81 amplifier units and an accessory kit, including incliner wedges to optimize the vertical acoustic axis.
and documents, including the Operating Manual. • GLM Kit and GLM software access. vertical acoustic axis.
• Adaptive five-way with SAMTM.
• 5926 W total amplifier power.
• 129 dB SPL per pair maximum output.
• Frequency range 20 Hz to 35 kHz.
• On-axis response accuracy better than ± 1.5 dB.
• Minimum listening distance < 1 meter.
• Point Source Continued Directivity operating principle
for excellent in-room sound quality and precise imaging.
• The 8381A includes two RAM81 amplifiers – each
uniquely calibrated at the Genelec factory in Iisalmi, Finland, to match its assigned cabinet.
Dimensions HxWxD: 43x48x40in > 40 in door frame open size
Shipping weight: 440 lbs
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.