This Product has a 3-day Processing Time from when your payment is received.
The Chandler Limited TG12345 MKIV equalizer is a handmade, fully discrete, mono, single space module, designed for the 500 Series format.
The TG12345 MKIV EQ for 500 Series, inherits from Chandler Limited’s TG Microphone Cassette and flagship TG12345 Curve Bender, and draws its heritage from the input and group channel equalizers found on historic EMI TG12345 recording consoles of the late ‘60s and early ‘70s.
- The TG12345 MKIV control-set includes: presence and bass bands, with continuous boost/cut, and true bypass.
- The presence band is switchable, featuring eight frequencies and an out position. The first seven frequencies are bell type, and the eighth is a shelf at 10 kHz.
- The bass band is a shelving type, featuring two frequency options, 90 or 150 Hz.
- The remarkable character of the TG12345 MKIV EQ is silky smooth and the sound is Curve Bender sweet.
- Create an EMI TG console channel today by adding the TG12345 MKIV EQ, TG Opto compressor and TG2-500 preamp to your 500 Series rack!
Chandler Limited is the only company in the world authorized to develop, manufacture and market the “Official Equipment” of EMI/Abbey Road Studios.
Conceived from meetings in 1967 between Abbey Road engineers and EMI’s Central Research Laboratories technical team, the EMI TG12345 desk (later known as the Mark I), would usher in a sea change in sound and flexibility at Abbey Road Studios.
The new transistor based EMI TG12345 recording console was modular in design, with twelve dual channel microphone cassettes. The TG desks featured expanded EQ, and for the first time ever, a compressor/limiter on every channel.
Installed in Abbey Road’s Studio Two in November 1968 and making its debut on an 8-track recording by the Shadows, the new transistor desk marked a departure from the earlier REDD valve consoles.
The following year, the EMI TG12345 desk helped shape the sound of the Beatles’ final album, Abbey Road, which was markedly richer sounding to that of the band’s earlier work. The sonic qualities of classics like “Here Comes the Sun,” “Come Together” and “Something” would have been very different without the EMI TG12345.
The desk encountered many revisions throughout the ‘70s and became the main recording console used throughout the studios until 1983. The EMI TG12345 console Marks I–IV were used on everything from Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here to John Lennon’s Plastic Ono Band, George Harrison’s All Things Must Pass to epic film scores including Raiders of the Lost Ark.
The EMI TG12345 recording consoles were never commercially available to the public.
- Channels: Mono
- Circuit: Discrete, Transistor
- Presence: Switchable, 8 Frequencies, Out position, Continuous boost/cut
- Presence Curve: Bell and Shelving (10 kHz)
- Presence Frequencies: 500, 800, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 4.2, 6.5, 10 kHz
- Bass: Switchable, Continuous boost/cut
- Bass Curve: Shelving
- Bass Frequencies: 150, 90 Hz
- Bypass: True Bypass
- I/O: 500 Series format (frame dependent)
- 500 Series format: +/-16v
- Max. current draw: +16v @ +105ma / -16v @ -90ma
Chandler Limited and their associated logos are registered trademarks of Chandler Limited, Inc.
Abbey Road Studios, EMI, REDD, RS, TG and their associated logos are trademarks of EMI (IP) Limited.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose. If you have questions, please reach out to us prior to purchasing.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.