This Product has a 3-day Processing Time from when your payment is received.
The Chandler Limited TG2-500 pre-amp is a recreation of the rare EMI TG12428 pre amp used in EMI/Abbey Road Studios recording and mastering consoles from the late 60s and early 70s. The sound of the EMI/Abbey Road Studios equipment is world renowned, and imparts a unique and pleasing sonic character as heard on many famous recordings done at Abbey Road including The Beatles’ “Abbey Road” and Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” albums. For the first time ever, the legendary TG2 pre-amp sound is available in 500 Series format.
The TG2-500 microphone pre-amplifier features the same discrete, transformer-balanced amplifiers as Chandler Limited’s TG series: TG2 Pre Amp/DI, TG Microphone Cassette, TG12411 Channel (TG Channel MKII), and TG1 Limiter.
We’ve taken the microphone pre-amplifier and line amplifier from our highly acclaimed TG2 Pre Amp/DI and packaged it for the industry standard 500 Series format, while retaining the sound of Chandler Limited’s TG2 Pre Amp/DI. The aural quality has often been characterized as a creamy, smooth tone with a surprisingly open, clear top-end. The sound, as explained by many users, has "warmth" and punch, but with a "beautiful" expanded top end. In fact, the TG2-500 microphone preamplifier does have a small rise in its top-end frequency response and some warmth inducing distortion, which contributes to its sound.
Bring the sound of the Chandler Limited TG2-500 pre amp and EMI/Abbey Road Studios home to your 500 Series rack today.
- Circuit: Discrete, Transistor, Transformer Balanced I/O
- Total Gain: +60 dB
- Coarse Gain: +20 — +50 dB (stepped, 5 dB)
- Fine Gain: ±10 dB (variable)
- Input: Mic/Line, switchable
- Input Impedance: 1200/300 Ω, switchable
- Phantom Power: +48V, switchable
- Phase (Polarity): 0/180º, switchable
- I/O: 500 Series format (frame dependent)
- 500 Series format: +/-16V
- Max. current draw: +16V @ +110mA / -16V @ -80mA
Chandler Limited and their associated logos are registered trademarks of Chandler Limited, Inc.
Abbey Road Studios, EMI, REDD, RS, TG and their associated logos are trademarks of EMI (IP) Limited.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose. If you have questions, please reach out to us prior to purchasing.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.