AcousticSamples B-5 V2 Hammond Organ Sample Library UVI VST AU AAX Mac/PC
New AcousticSamples B-5 V2 Hammond Organ Sample Library UVI VST AU AAX Mac/PC
- Scitscat Music is an Authorized Dealer for all software products we sell.
- When you purchase software from us, you will be receiving a legal version provided to us by the software manufacturer.
- We will be mailing you a copy of the Invoice for the transaction.
The Hammond organs are very complex beasts, full of wires.
Until now, the best renditions were synthesis, mainly because of how the organ works which is a set of 91 frequencies that are connected via contactors under each key and which volume is controlled by the drawbars.
Sample based libraries consists of stacking drawbar samples at the same time which works, but causes a big problem, sometimes you play the same frequency twice and because of phase cancellation, you never get the same sound twice when if you press the same keys.
We have found a way to use the 91 frequencies synthesis approach, but using real samples, so we get the best of both worlds, the real recorded organ tone plus the real behavior and we keep access to the versatility of the drawbar controls and the tweakability of synthesis.
B-5 Organ comes with its own sample player, the UVI Workstation 2 (requires v2.6.5 or later).
We provide it for free with every library that you buy, you don't need to buy an expensive sampler to use our products. It works on Mac (10.6 or later) and PC (windows XP SP2 or later), in standalone or as a plugin (VST / AU / AAX / RTAS / MAS) and in 32 and 64 bits. If you want to use our products in osx 10.5, please contact us, you will need UVI Workstation v2.1.8 and earlier versions of the UFS files.
As it is based on the same engine (UVI engine XT), you can also use our products in MOTU MachFive 3 (requires v3.2.1 or later).
The version 2 of our rotary speaker simulation is simply the best one available today.
- We provided UVI with extensive measurements of our Leslie model 122 for both the horn and the bass rotors and they came up with an extremely accurate simulation of all of the phasing effects and pitch modulations.
- We added a large variety of impulse responses at different microphone placements, and you can control all of the Leslie parameters differently for both rotors independently.
- We even added extra amplifier simulations to extend the B-5 Organ sound capabilities.
- UVI Workstation v2.6.5 is required for the library to function properly
- Real Tonewheel model, sample based, around 1100 samples
- Full control over the Drawbar settings
- Around 200 drawbar presets that you can change while you play
- Lower octave Preset keys (black keys) assignable for the Upper and Lower manuals
- Sample based Vibrato and Chorus for C1, C2, C3, V1, V2 and V3
- Fully customizable and accurately reproduced percussion system
- Precise swell pedal volume change (based on measurements)
- Real key contact modeling
- Foldback (adjustable in the bass end)
- All common organ mods available (foldback removal, paradise button, percussion drop fix, drawbar volume changes, stolen drawbar for percussions, recharge time, etc...)
- All three keyboards, Upper manual, Lower manual and bass pedals assignable to different MIDI channels or splitted on one
- String Bass system for easy legato basslines
- Very accurate and customizable Rotary speaker physical model made by UVI and based on our thorough measurements
- Control over the Rotary Speaker speed (chorale, brake, tremolo)
- Rotary speaker type selection
- Recording type selection (independant volume and miking technique for the horn and drum)
- Easy MIDI controller assignment, you can setup any drawbar controller or a simple keyboard very quickly
- Tube distortion, "before speaker" reverb and 3 band EQ.
- Keyboard, speaker, buttons and knobs acoustic sounds to feel like you're in front of the Organ
Once your order is complete, you will be provided with a serial number.
iLok or computer based
You can register your library to your computer or to an iLok key. All of our libraries are protected with the iLok system, and you can use our libraries with or without an iLok usb key. Both V1 and V2 iLok usb keys are working with our products. To authorize your library, you will need to download the iLok authorization manager from here: https://www.ilok.com/#!license-manager and simply authorize your iLok key or your computer to use the library.
The UVI Workstation works as Standalone, Audio Unit, RTAS, VST, AAX and MAS on Mac and as standalone, VST, AAX, or RTAS on windows in both x32 and x64.
1- The Drawbars
- The upper and lower manuals each have a set of 9 drawbars and the bas has 2 drawbars (the version 1 had 3 drawbars, but we revised our model to really mimic the real frequency combination of the real pedalboards).
- The volume curve of each drawbar has been carefully measured and reproduced so you can be sure that a setting you know on a real organ will sound the same.
- Of course, since our system is based on virtual tone generators, the drawbars can be moved in real time.
2- The percussions
- Just like on a real organ, the percussion system works only for the upper manual and will disable one drawbar from it. By default, it is set to the 9th, but you can choose which one and even allow all drawbars from the advanced preferences. Remember that to hear the percussions, you need to enable the second set of drawbars (B preset key).
- There are more information about the percussion system in the percussion section.
3- The scanner vibrato
- The original scanner vibrato is not a simple vibrato, tremolo or flanger effect, it could be modeled by using a delay line.
- The vibrato created by Mr Hammond relies on a rotating delay that creates the vibrato (V-1, V-2 and V-3) to which the initial signal is added to create the chorus effect (C-1, C-2, C-3).
- Instead of trying to recreate it, we preferred sampling each of the 6 different settings and we aligned them to make sure they always stay in phase.
- Of course, just like on the real machine, you can activate for the vibrato for the upper and lower manuals independently.
4- Volume control
- We measured and replicated the evolution of the swell pedal as well as the percussion volume and of the "normal" and "soft" volume.
- We also added a general volume button in case the sound gets too loud and saturates too much.
- You can select a drawbar preset for each manual and browse through them by clicking the prev or next button while you play.
- There are more things that you can do with the presets, and it is all explained in the presets section.
6- Rotating speaker Speed
- Regular rotary speakers have a slow and a fast rotation speed (respectively called Chorale and Tremolo), it is common to add a brake position as well.
- This function is accessible from the interface but also by using the Modulation Wheel.
7- The FX
- We added a reverb knob based on the incredible UVI Sparkverb.
- We also added a tube distortion to imitate the behaviour of the rotary speaker when you increase the input volume.
- MacIntel processors
- 2 GB of RAM
- MAC OS X 10.6 or higher (if you have 10.5 and want to use our products, please contact us to get an earlier version of UVI Workstation (2.1.8) and of the UFS files).
- Hard Drive: when using Streaming, faster drive will allow more voices to play
- Core duo or faster
- 1 GB of RAM
- Windows 7 or higher version, Windows 8 and 8.1
- Hard Drive: when using Streaming, faster drive will allow more voices to play, SSDs are the best choice (Solid State Drives).