Avedis Audio MA-5 Mic Preamp 500 Series Module - MA5 Microphone Preamplifier
After some requests from audio engineers, the Avedis Audio MA5 was created for the need of a high quality microphone preamplifier in the characteristic sound of early 70s British consoles. The re-engineering in the creation of the MA5 stemmed from years of experience restoring both American and British modules, deeply rooted in classic transformer-balanced, discrete electronics. Only the best and most suitable components are used throughout, regardless of cost, to attain the best sound. Much time was spent on the MA5, not only on the engineering side of the design, but also to extensive sound evaluations in observation of specific settings, gain structures, and key components spanning a time frame of a little over a year. We have always believed that even with some of the best audio test analyzers we own and use, our ears' sensitivity, coupled with good judgment of sound through experience, is still unparalleled. In the end, it is our ears we are trying to satisfy.
- Standard 500 series modular size 1.5" x 5.25"
- Single-ended Class A amplifier
- UK made input transformer
- Custom designed Jensen output transformer
- Stepped gain rotary switch in 5dB steps
- Output level pot for trim and mute
- LED lit push-buttons
- Special 28kHz button
- Custom made Marconi style knobs
- High headroom & CMR, Low noise design
- 140ma current draw total, 70ma per rail