Cantus, Gregorian Chants
Continuing the vocal series by Eduardo Tarilonte, Cantus offers a real Gregorian Monk Ensemble featuring the sounds of the dark Middle Ages. A perfect tool for composers and sound designers to create ambiences and music for films, documentaries, video games and new age music.
Unparalleled realism, pure inspiration
Cantus is a unique choir library that aims for easily creating your own ultra-realistic liturgical melodies, without using any phrases. Cantus offers a powerful and innovative Phrase-Arranger which combines 24 words (120 elements including words and their syllables) with 5 true legato vowels (a, e, i, o, u) and a special Mmmh articulation, all at your fingertips in one patch.
- 5 different true Gregorian style legatos (a, e, i, o, u)
- Mmmh articulation
- A powerful Phrase-Arranger with 24 words, 3 different articulations (staccato, fast and slow speeds).
- Words can be split into a total of 120 words/syllables
- Words can be combined with true legato playing while the corresponding vowel is automatically selected
- A collection of 20 Gregorian chants splitted into 400 phrases.
- 60 minutes of music
- 19 soundscapes, created from vocal samples.
- 6.000 samples (stereo, 44kHz, 24 bit), Library Size 2.8 GB.
Minimum Free Kontakt Player or Full Kontakt Version 5.8.1 required
Recording a gregorian choir, has been a long awaited dream coming true since I started developing sample libraries in 2006. What looked like an easy task was totally the opposite. Finding a true gregorian choir is something hard to accomplish since there are not so many of them and just a few ones that are really good. Gregorian music has its own nuances, it is not just another choir, you cannot get the real feeling with a regular choir pretending to sing Gregorian. If you do not capture all those details and if you do not really love Gregorian music, you won´t be able to get that genuine sound. That sound which is so special, that touches your soul and transports you to the middle ages, to those lost abbeys covered by mist, the sound of the ancient bells pealing to pray. All those lost secrets, all that magic is contained in this library.
I decided to record Cantus in a dry enviroment for many reasons: Gregorian music and reverb are good partners, so I didn´t want to tie the recordings to any special room sound. There are so many impressive reverbs out there, that I chose to give complete control over the reverb characteristics.
The recording was carefully done with 8 Neumann microphones and mixed to get that true monks sound. I wanted you to feel the cold breath of the monk's singing mouths in those cold monasteries - right in your face while playing the library. This library is a dream come true for me, and like in every library I make, there is a lot of love in it. I hope you will get the same goosebumps, I got making it."
Enjoy your journey into those mysterious ancient days of the lost abbeys. - Tari, February 2014
This product works with the free Native Instruments Kontakt Player, the latest version can be downloaded through Native Access, Native Instrument’s download manager!
The minimum required Kontakt version for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the manufacturers wesite.
- macOS 10.14 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or Apple M1 (native)
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 10 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AAX
This product requires Native Access for installation, registration and activation. Start the Native Access-Software and log in using your Native Instruments credetials to start the setup.
To sucesfully activate your product Native Access requires a working internet connection.
An Offline Activation on a different computer is Not Available with this product.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.