Versatile pre for drums, guitar or vocals.
In terms of space-saving efficiency, convenience in access, and customization, 500 series channel strip design has become the industry standard for professional studios. Burl's offerings within this available marketplace are as clean and quiet as any manufacturer, but possess a fire and personality all their own. The B1D is among its most scrumptious products.
Based on the API 500 series form factor, the B1D was designed to compliment the B2 Bomber ADC. With the proprietary BX3 input transformer and BX2 output transformer, the B1D Mic Pre delivers warmth with depth and clarity. The B1D is the same as the B1 except that it has an all-iron BX4 output transformer giving it a more terrifying rock tone. An all-discrete transistor, class-A, direct coupled, capacitor free circuit path, gives the B1amazing punch on drums, beautiful tonality on guitars, and warmth with presence on vocals.
The B1 and B1D come complete with both Gain and Level controls. If you want that heavy, gainy tone, crank up the stepped gain control and offset that with the level control. If clean tone is your thing, turn the gain down and crank up the level. For ribbon mics and other low impedance sources, the B1 has a transformer coupled impedance select. The B1 was rigorously tested with the popular Royer R-121 in the low impedance setting, and sounds superb on guitar amps. The B1 gets the best out of any microphone, whether it be dynamic, condenser or ribbon.
Use the B1’s 1/4” instrument/line input on the front panel, plug in, crank up the gain and go. The PAD switch allows for hot signals and balanced line inputs through the mic XLR on the back panel. Run your tracks or mixes through the B1 for warmth and glue. The B1 was designed to rock. Run multiple B1 channels for your rhythm tracks and you are there. Replace EQ and compression with true analog PHAT. Run your primary tracks through the B1 mic pre, follow with a B2 Bomber ADC and that’s about all you will need.
- BURL custom BX3 input transformer
- BURL custom BX2 nickel ( B1) or BX4 iron ( B1D ) output transformer
- audiophile, discrete, class-A, direct-coupled, capacitor free circuit path
- stepped gain control
- independent output level control
- 70 dB gain
- impedance select
- 1/4” front panel DI input
- 30 dB pad for hot signals and balanced line level input
- phantom power
- phase reverse
- tri-colored gain level indication
- love and thunder
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.