Recreation of the 1970s dynamics processor, Omnipressor is a double-knee compressor/limiter and has the unique ability of simultaneously compressing and expanding audio; it is capable of extreme compression, limiting, expanding, and dynamic reversal.
Dynamics Processor with Attitude
Your Omnipressor Loves You…
Introduced in the early 1970s, the Omnipressor was the first dynamics effects processor of any kind. Originally invented by Eventide’s founder, Richard Factor (and later redesigned for production by John Paul), the Omnipresssor made a host of effects possible. It featured variable control of all aspects of dynamic modification. It also introduced the notion of the ‘side chain’ and foretold techniques that today we take for granted like ‘look ahead’ processing.
… And Wants To Be Your Friend!
The Omnipressor plug-in is a faithful emulation of the “dark meter” unit and is popular among some of the world’s leading producers and engineers as a dynamics-modifier with variable expressive controls of all aspects of a signal’s dynamics. The Function control allows you to set compression and expansion ratios over a wide, continuous range from extreme expansion to infinite compression and beyond. Dynamic reversal, which reverses a sound’s envelope, allows you to make loud sounds quiet and quiet sounds loud.
One of our first customers was a young Brian May, lead guitarist of Queen. With the Omnipressor in his rig, his sound was never the same again.
- Dynamics Processing — capable of creating otherworldly sounds
- Dynamic Reversal — the first of its kind, soft signals come out loud and loud signals come out quiet, simulating tape reversal, a near unique attribute of this versatile compressor
- Function Control — sets a ratio over a continuous range allowing extreme expansion, to infinite compression, and is even able to push further into dynamic reversal
- Variable Control of attack and release time
- Variable Control of maximum gain and maximum attenuation
- Side Chain allows the level detect of the Omnipressor to be driven by another audio source
- Gating — amplitudes of signals that fall below a set threshold are ‘squooshed’
- Expansion — widen a signal’s dynamic range, louder gets louder, softer gets softer
- Compression offers variable control of compression ratio
- Infinite Compression — if you want everything to come out at the same level, this is the feature for you
- Limiting — a fast, versatile limiter, useful for maintaining a loud sound
- Intuitive Interface — clean and easy to operate
- Dozens of presets to help you explore and learn the unique workings of the Omnipressor
AAX 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.