More than a Great-Sounding EQ
SplitEQ™ is a groundbreaking EQ that offers a fundamentally new approach to corrective and creative audio equalization. It excels at Repairing, Rebalancing, Enhancing, and Widening any musical source or audio signal. SplitEQ is both a surgical tool for fixing particularly nasty problems and a creative tool as it opens up exciting new musical possibilities. More than just an EQ — It’s a new and better tool.
By Musicians For Musicians
SplitEQ reduces the distance between what you want to do and how you actually do it, and with fewer tradeoffs than other EQs. On a normal EQ, a low-shelf boost on a kick drum will yield muddiness rather than delicious oomph. A low cut on a low male vocal removes plosives but at the expense of low-end richness. SplitEQ gives you the surgical control to address the problematic part of a sound without losing the magic and without the need for additional tools.
SplitEQ is not just a corrective tool, it is also a new type of creative tool for taking your mixes to new heights through its independent L/R and Mid/Side panning. With SplitEQ every source is split into a pair of sonically distinct elements offering your music, mixes, and audio signals an extraordinary new level of musicality.
The beating heart of SplitEQ analyzes the incoming audio and separates it into two separate streams:
Transient (noise, pops, mic plosives, vocal sibilance, attacks)
Tonal (sustained notes, harmonics, tone, ambiance)
8-Band Parametric EQ
SplitEQ’s filters are state-of-the-art, precise, and musical. The User Interface has been designed to streamline workflow. Add sheen to vocals without boosting sibilance or harshness. Enhance acoustic guitar harmonics while reducing string buzz.
Continuous L/R or Mid/Side panning of the Transient and Tonal components for each of the eight bands. The plug-in can be used to spatialize mono sources.
High-res, real-time, spectrum analysis of audio components with multiple options for monitoring or comparison. SplitEQ also features Peak and RMS metering.
With independent control of the Tonal and Transient elements of an instrument, SplitEQ can be used to deliver punch, detail, sheen, breathiness, diction, tightness, thump, and pluck.
A unique audio repair and restoration tool, SplitEQ allows you to surgically tune the Transient and Tonal response independently. Remove a kick drum’s boom without losing its thump.
SplitEQ allows versatile track placement in a mix. Easily perform multiple tasks not possible with any other EQ, like softening electric guitar strums while boosting cab reverb.
SplitEQ allows for precise multi-band stereo image manipulation of the Tonal and Transient elements of each frequency band. L/R and Mid/Side panning are supported. Spatialize a beat like never before.
With SplitEQ you can hear and even see your sound in new ways. Our Structural approach mimics the way in which we interpret sound and our spectrum display offers an inside look into what you’re hearing. Solo only the transients, or a single band, or only the transients on a single band. Use the real-time spectrum analyzer to track down problematic resonances or transients by displaying the tonal and transient streams separately. SplitEQ adds a new dimension to your trouble-shooting toolkit.
Prepared for Repair
Our team took all the knowledge they had about recording, threw it out the window, then headed down to the studio to lay down some badly recorded tracks. Double-headed kick drum with no port? Check. Ill-advised mic placement on snare? Check. Why? To prove that SplitEQ works well on a wide range of sonically challenged material. We’ve created an entire folder of presets for those less-than-perfect recordings.
SplitEQ comes with a Factory Library of over 150 presets to solve many of today’s standard corrective and complex mixing problems in a cleaner and faster way. The presets are designed to Enhance, Repair, Rebalance, and Widen various instruments including drums, vocals, guitar, and more. A/B comparison and Undo/Redo make it easy to explore ideas without losing where you started.
Whether you’re working on individual tracks, a full mix, or cleaning up a two-track loop, you’ll find SplitEQ to be an inspiring and powerful tool that allows you to approach material in a new, musically, and sonically meaningful way.
- World-class 8-band parametric EQ with pristine musical filters
- EQ Transient and Tonal parts of a sound separately using Eventide’s patented Structural Split™ technology
- Control Transient and Tonal Output levels
- Enhance the stereo-field with continuous Transient and Tonal panning controls (L/R and Mid/Side modes)
- Control the underlying Split technology for fine tuning and experimentation
- Globally scale the EQ curves together or independently
- Peak, Notch, Bandpass, High Shelf, Low Shelf, Tilt Shelf, High Pass, and Low Pass filter types with slopes from 6 to 96 dB/octave
- Innovative real-time spectrum analyzer displays the Transient and Tonal streams independently
- Comprehensive Presets Library includes 150+ presets
- A/B buttons allow quick auditioning of two presets or settings plus Undo/ Redo functionality
- Resizable GUI with zoom options
- Three Color Schemes: Original, Dark and Colorblind Accessible
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.