Rhythmic Delays, Glitchy Reverbs,
and Extraordinary Modulation
UltraTap is a unique multi-tap effect capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells, and extraordinary modulation. It’s the perfect tool for creating drum fills, vocal choruses, swelling guitar chords, and other evolving effects — everything from reversed reverbs to a massed church choir singing a Gregorian chant in Notre-Dame Cathedral!
Think of UltraTap as the mother of all Echoplexes and you won’t be too far off. That’s basically how it operates but with the flexibility to add as many ‘tape-heads’ as you want and expressively control their positions and levels.
Designed for real-time manipulation, UltraTap features The Ribbon, an innovative control that allows you to program two settings for any combination of the controls and seamlessly transition between them.
The programmable HotSwitch allows you to instantly jump to an alternate setting at the push of a button. This combination of controls is intended to bring you as close as possible to the experience of tweaking real hardware.
This unique effect has been ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer®. All of the H9 presets have been converted to work with the plug-in and have been included, as well as newly created factory and artist presets. Now you can use all the delays, reverbs, chorus, and modulation effects that guitarists and synth players have grown to love. Best of all, The Ribbon has been optimized for live use with your favorite DAW.
- Over 150 presets designed to inspire; including artist presets by Chris Carter, Colin Newman, Sasha and many more.
- Manipulate effects in realtime using The Ribbon to transition seamlessly between two settings of any combination of controls.
- Using the innovative “Slurm” control, smear taps together or modulate them to create truly unique reverbs.
- Create drastic changes in effect and sound by assigning the HotSwitch to an alternate version of the current settings.
- Use up to 64 taps to create simple repeats or morph delays into chorus and reverb.
- Speed up or slow down the rhythmic space between taps using the Spread knob.
- Use the onboard LFOs and envelopes to chop the sound source into stuttered rhythms.
- Control the stereo image of taps to alternate between hard-panned and mono.
- Sync the Length and/or Chop LFO speed to the DAW session.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta control on the fly.
- Available for iOS as a AuV3 plug-in and standalone app.
A Brief History of UltraTap
It all started in 1982 with the world’s first rack mount programmable audio processor, the Eventide SP2016, where a flexible 64 tap delay debuted as part of its Factory Program suite. By the late 80’s UltraTap had migrated to the legendary H3000 Harmonizer® effects processor and then to the DSP4000 and H8000. Thanks to advances in technology, we were able to include UltraTap in a portable compact form factor, the H9 Harmonizer® stompbox. And now UltraTap has come back to the studio via your DAW and FOH environment, where it all began 35 years ago!
Available on iOS
UltraTap is also available on iOS for all your delay and multi-tap needs. Download now to experience delay as you’ve never experienced before!
AAX 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
AUv3 64-bit, Standalone 64-bit
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.