Extraordinary sound shaping
The possibility to shape the sound through physical parameters is an extraordinary feature that cannot be found in any other piano software. With just a few mouse clicks, you can achieve things that would require hours, or even weeks, by piano technicians to adapt on real acoustic pianos.
Some things can hardly be done in the real world, such as changing the string length from a mini grand of 1m/3.3ft to an imaginary giant grand of 10m/33ft. You can even modify the mechanical properties of the soundboard. New exciting possibilities open up as you explore the parameters and discover sounds that you have never heard or thought of before.
Presets from the FXP Corner
Users of the standard version can make fully use of all exciting presets created by other users (available in the FXP corner), including those created by Pianoteq PRO users: any preset created with Pianoteq Standard or Pianoteq PRO produces exactly the same sound in Pianoteq Standard and Pianoteq PRO.
Similar to what professional audio engineers do when recording, you can place up to 5 microphones anywhere around the instrument in a separate illustrative interface. By adjusting microphones, you are able to quickly adjust the colour and presence of the sound.
Fifteen directional microphones of well-known brands are modelled, increasing the palette of available sound colours.
A mixer is available for combining the microphones into 5 output channels, with the possibility to adjust separately level and delay. In binaural mode, for headphone usage, a head model is used for simulating the sound heard by a person located where the head is placed in the interface. The head can be rotated in any direction and even its size can be changed.
Pianoteq 8: reaching new boundaries
Pianoteq is an award-winning virtual instrument which you can install on your computer (PC/Mac). It is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux, and will even run on some ARM-based boards such as the Raspberry Pi. It can be used both in standalone mode and as an instrument plug-in in VST, AAX, and AudioUnits hosts.
Pianoteq offers superior playability and reproduces the complex behaviour typical of real acoustic instruments. Moreover, it lets you tweak the sound to your taste with the help of unique parameters. The Pianoteq sounds are authorized by Steinway & Sons, Bechstein, Petrof, Blüthner, Steingraeber, Grotrian, Hohner, among others.
Because there are no samples, the file size is just a tiny fraction of that required by other virtual instruments, making Pianoteq perfect for any laptop. Installation is simple and fast.
Pianoteq features highlight
Physically modelled pianos and other instruments
Real time sound generation
Full dynamics - no velocity switching
Very expressive with superb playability
Sounds and behaves like real acoustic instruments
A large variety of instruments: pianos, electric pianos, harp, classical guitar, and more
Unique tuning, voicing and design adjustments
Morphing and Layering features
Mic position, up to 5 mics
Multi channel, up to 5 channels
Piano factory - easily create your own piano
Many effects + a convolution reverb
Advanced preset and parameter manager
64-bit versions available
Native Linux (x86) version available
Works great on any modern laptop
Fast loading - just 50 MB in size
Features in short
- Pianoteq is a physically modelled virtual instrument
- Optional instruments for purchase: grand pianos, upright piano, electric pianos, classical guitar, harp, vibraphones, clavinet, celesta and glockenspiel, xylophone and marimba, steelpans ...
- Free instruments: KIViR historical instruments collection, bells and carillons
- Unique adjustable physical parameters, such as unison width, octave stretching, hammer hardness, soundboard, string length, sympathetic resonance, duplex scale resonance *
- Morphing and layering instruments *
- Progressive variation of the timbre (uses all the 127 MIDI velocities)
- Control of the dynamics in timbre and volume
- Polyphonic Aftertouch (particularly interesting for the clavichord)
- Realistic sympathetic resonances, including duplex scale
- Microtuning, supports Scala format *
- Adjustable mechanical noises (sampled or modelled)
- Built-in graphic equalizer
- Built-in graphic curve for key velocity, note-off and pedal
- Keyboard calibration assistant
- Ten types of pedals (that can be assigned to the four UI pedals): Sustain, Soft, Harmonic, Sostenuto, Super Sostenuto, Rattle, Buff Stop, Celeste, Pinch Harmonic, Glissando
- Progressive sustain pedal, allowing partial-pedal effects
- Convolution reverberations
- Effects: Tremolo, Wah, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Fuzz, Delay, Amp, Compressor, Mini-eq.
- Mallet bounce (note repetition)
- Instrument condition (mint to worn)
- Variable lid position *
- Five adjustable microphones *
- Multi channel - up to 5 channels *
- No quantization noise (32-bit internal computation)
- Renders high resolution MIDI formats CC#88 and Disklavier XP.
- Installs and loads in seconds
- Extremely small file size (less than 50 MB)
- Excellent for use on modern laptops
- Extended key range (105 keys = 8+2/3 octaves) for the grand pianos Steinway D and K2
- 64-bit host / operating system
- Mac OS X 10.11 or later, Windows 7 or later, Linux (x86 and ARM)
- Audio Units / VST / AAX / NKS compatible
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.