Spectral Clipper and Psychoacoustic Overdrive
Saturate is the Spectral Clipper algorithm made popular in the Elevate Mastering Limiter. Saturate’s two controls belie a sophisticated signal processing engine that allows it to overdrive a signal without affecting the tonal balance no matter how hard you push it. Add up to 24 dB of overdrive without creating a “tubby” or muffled sound. Additionally, the SHAPE control allows you to smoothly morph between hard clipping and the mathematically smoothest curve possible. Use Saturate to overdrive individual tracks or your entire mix.
- Saturation plug-in ideal for single tracks or the entire mix
- Smoothly adjust from the softest to the hardest possible clipping shape
- Spectral Clipper maintains tonal balance for an always pleasant saturation sound
- Independent INPUT and OUTPUT levels, with AUTO output level scaling for easy and precise gain scaling
- Saturation Curve Display and Meter shows you how your signal is hitting the selected clipping shape
- Mastering Quality Input and Output metering show you both peak and rms levels
- NEW! Saturate 1.10 adds an anti-aliasing mode removes aliasing artifacts better than oversampling
- NEW! Saturate 1.10 adds a unique Symmetry control allows you to add even harmonics for a richer tone
- NEW! Saturate 1.10 adds a ceiling control allows you to set the clipping threshold
Science Behind Saturate
Any audio signal can be broken down into a number of sine waves at different frequencies. When you overdrive that signal the higher amplitude low frequencies can often swamp the midrange and higher frequencies that your ear is more sensitive to. Because of this, signals under heavy overdrive can lose some of their finer detail and sound “tubby” or “muddy.” This is because the lower amplitude sine waves of the midrange and high frequencies are being removed by the saturator when the low frequencies are at the top and bottom of their swing. This causes shifts in the tonal balance which are dependent on the frequency content of the signal.
Saturate uses a special Spectral Clipper technology that adds this finer detail back into the saturated signal. The signal is still saturated based on the curve, but the sine waves at different frequencies are treated independently, meaning that the large low frequencies don’t crowd out the finer detail frequencies and that the tonal balance at the output is the same as the input – with only harmonics added.
Saturate also uses a very efficient anti-aliasing method that removed aliasing artifacts as well as very high oversampling with a fraction of the CPU resources.
About Newfangled Audio
Newfangled Audio was started by former Eventide Engineer, Dan Gillespie, in order to research and develop signal processing techniques that are new to the field of professional audio.
Saturate is created by Newfangled Audio and distributed by Eventide.
AAX 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
AAX 64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST2 64-bit, VST3 64-bit
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.