In the virtual music world there are a countless number of different EQ’s available...so why another one?
Well, Rob Papen is all about sound and he was convinced he could add something special to the EQ plugins.
When you first open RP-EQ in your DAW software you will see that it is far from a basic bread-and-butter equalizer. Unique elements were added to the core equalizer unit.
The toolbox includes a Mid/Side equalizer mode and Mono/Stereo split filter which is used frequently in modern EDM/Dance music styles. The Air section is fantastic on your master channel and the proven X/Y Pad adds a dynamic and creative edge to an already very musical RP-EQ.
In true Rob Papen style, RP–EQ comes with many great presets to get you started and with the 'sound' of RP-EQ you will have a great go-to plug-in for your top-notch music productions!
Presets & Banks
- Several banks with presets, selectable in the upper screen section
Current Presets A /B
- A Preset in RP-EQ has two slots, A and B, to store two variations of the Preset.
- The Aand B variations are useful to compare different versions while you are editing.
- Thecurrent, live, settings can be recalled at any time via the Current button
- Volume control with in the uppers section the 'on/off' option for 'volume correction' if volume goes over 0dB.
- Bypass button to hear the difference between the 'original' signal and 'RP-EQ' signal.
- The RP-EQ spectrogram displays the input and output signal as an FFT Spectrogram, a 30 band (1/3 octave) Bar Spectrogram or a 30
- band (1/3 octave) Single line Spectrogram. The icons on the left hand side of the Spectrogram display switch the display mode between FFT Spectrogram, Bar
- Spectrogram and the Single Line Spectrogram.
- Controls for 'Hold' and 'Release' of the peak lines in Bar mode. Control of 'Release' in the Single Line mode.
- Display mode of: Left, Right, Stereo or Mid/Side
- Additional 'gain' boost control.
- 8 band EQ which can work in normal mode or Mid/Side mode.
- In Mid/Side mode, the Bands 1-4 are for the 'Mid' signal and Bands 5-8 for the 'Side' signal.
- Graphic control panel and lower control panel with additional setting options for view , solo or lock a single band.
- The Saturation section applies a warming effect to the sound, based on the effect of saturated analogue tape recordings.
- The Air section represents an additional EQ band, which works as a booster of very high frequencies with a wide bandwidth.
- Its effect is perceived as giving the audio a bit more breathing space or Air.
- A typical application of this filter section is to use the HP filter with a setting of 75 Hz to filter out any rumble or otherwise uncontrolled low-end material. The slope of the filters is selectable between 12 dB and 24 dB per octave and each filter comes in two filter types.
- An LP filter is a classic ingredient of any synthesizer set-up and we have added one in RP-EQ to enhance the creative application of equalization. In combination with the XY pad, the Filter section is the place to start for dynamic and rhythmic filter effects.
- Stereo/Mono Split Filter
- The Mono / Stereo Split Filter is able to divide the audio signal in a mono and stereo part based on a frequency. Typically, low frequencies do not contain much spatial information and are perceived as mono signals. Spatial placement in a stereo image is provided by the higher frequencies. The Split Filter is a great tool for contemporary music in a mix-bus configuration or for mastering.
- The signal post the Split Filter consists of two parts that can be processed separately: a lower frequency mono component and a higher frequency stereo component.
- The XY Screen works as two programmable LFOs. Movement in each direction directly controls the value of one or more RP-EQ parameters.
- XY basics – Live / Record / Replay
- In Live mode you move the blue dot manually across the XY pad (use the mouse to click and drag). The position of the mouse and your dragging skills determine the X and Y value. You can also record movements on the XY pad as paths. Switch XY to Rec mod and draw a path. For as long as you keep the mouse button pressed, RP–EQ will capture all movements as a path in its memory. After recording, the path is ready for playback. Switch to Replay mode, and play a note.
- You will see the XY indicator move across the screen according to previously recorded path. The path is saved as part of the Preset, and is ready to go when you recall the Preset.
- Instead of playing a note to trigger the path playback, the path can also be made to run freely, or triggered manually by clicking the button adjacent to the mode Switch.
- PC: 32 & 64 bits VST and 64 bits AAX for Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
- (Note: PC AAX for PT 12 or higher)
- Mac: 64 bits AU, VST and AAX, for OS-X 10.9 - 10.15.
- Serial/license system with activation whilst registering the product
- Please see Rob Papen website for full instructions on installation of your product with your Rob Papen account.
- The activation system is offline, which means that there is no direct connection between the plugin and the Rob Papen homepage.
- The software can be installed on 2 of your own computer systems.
- Note: Minimal 1000pixel high screen resolution is needed for RP-EQ.
Rob Papen Requirements for Purchasing any Upgrade Product:
To purchase any Upgrade for a Rob Papen software product, you must provide us a copy of the document from your Rob Papen account which shows proof of purchased products. You can download this document in a PDF format by accessing your "My Products" page within your Rob Papen account. There is a download option for product registrations in the top section of the page.
Per requirements from the manufacturer, you need to provide this PDF to us as proof of the purchased products ahead of our requesting the upgrade from Rob Papen for you.
Please Note that, per manufacturer guidelines, deal products (free products) do not count in upgrades to the Rob Papen eXplorer bundle.
Free Items - Please note that pictures of any Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.