Please take care to ensure compatibility of this audio interface for usage with your computer.
Audio interfaces maybe subject to unannounced changes by the manufacturer. The manufacturer’s information is always the best information, please make sure to check the official website prior to purchase. As listings become older, software and/or hardware changes can be made by Manufacturer.
Again, please check with manufacturer first and last. Please take note of connectivity ( USB, Thunderbolt, Firewire, Network, etc) BEFORE Purchasing. If any question(s) of compatibility, refer to Manufacturer Website or Contact Us Through Listing. We are willing to help guide you to the correct item for your purposes, prior to shipping.
- Returns Will Be Subject to a 15% Restocking Fee for opening the item as it will need to be sold as opened after you do.
- Buyer Must ship Item back to us Unopened in case of return for full refund less shipping fees.
- Buyer Must Cover Shipping fees to and from if the transaction is being cancelled, those are customers responsibility.
- Must Be Returned Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Born from the ever-popular Apollo line of interfaces used on loads of Grammy-winning albums and chart-topping songs, the Universal Audio Apollo x16 Heritage Edition rackmount 18x20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface combines the sound, feel, and flow of analog studio recording with upgraded clocking, surround monitoring, a robust bundle of 34 stellar UAD plug-ins, and 50% more DSP than earlier Apollos thanks to its supercharged HEXA Core real-time UAD processing.
Furnished with Universal Audio's flagship 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion, the Apollo x16 gives engineers in commercial recording studios, concert tours, and postproduction facilities the confidence of recording and mixing with detailed imaging, unbelievably low distortion (-129 dB), and unmatched dynamic range (133 dB). Additionally, its switchable headroom setting facilitates proper level-matching with large-format consoles and a variety of boutique and pro-level audio equipment.
The interface features 16 balanced analog line-level inputs and outputs on DB25 connectors, perfect for patching in external mic preamps and custom signal chains or hooking up to a bunch of channels on a classic analog mixing board. You also get a pair of XLR monitor outputs and stereo AES/EBU I/O, which can be utilized when you need to connect a dedicated feed to a mastering system or if you wish to incorporate alternative stereo converters. Utilize the BNC wordclock input and output jacks to accurately clock to house sync or lock other digital equipment to the Apollo x16.
The built-in HEXA Core processing utilizes six DSP chips, granting 50% more DSP than earlier Apollos and the ability to monitor and record audio using classic analog emulations with near-zero latency and no burden on your computer's CPU. The plug-in bundle included with the Heritage Edition empowers you with 34 top-notch plug-ins ranging from vintage compressor and EQ collections to virtual guitar/bass amps, time-based processors, and tape emulation. The included Console application provides control and recall of all interface and UAD plug-in settings including channel-strip presets, drag-and-drop functionality, and dynamically resizable windows.
Mac and Windows drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more. The interface also integrates seamlessly with LUNA, Universal Audio's free Mac-based, single-window recording system with unlimited track counts and full Audio Units support.
The Apollo x16 offers a comprehensive monitor section with talkback functionality and dedicated front-panel controls as well as full input and output metering capabilities. In addition to the dedicated stereo XLR monitor output, the 16 line outputs can feed alternate monitors and outboard processors.
- 18 x 20 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 KHz conversion (backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 & 2 on Mac)
- HEXA Core Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Produce with LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated recording application for Apollo (Mac/Thunderbolt)
- Create 16-channel immersive audio mixes for Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D, Sony 360 Reality Audio, and others.
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices
- Includes the "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle. Other UAD plug-ins sold separately.
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, Audio Units, and AAX in all major DAWs
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
Create Professional Immersive Audio Mixes
At any point, you can increase the power and capability of the Apollo x16 through integration of qualified Universal Audio hardware. Up to four Apollo interfaces and six total UAD-2 devices can be combined, allowing Thunderbolt users the ability to expand their I/O and DSP without abandoning the Apollo x16. The two Thunderbolt 3 ports are backward compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via a qualified adapter (available separately).
The Power of Apollo X
- Track, overdub, and mix with UA's flagship AD/DA conversion and DSP-powered plug-ins
- Dual-Crystal clocking features dedicated crystals for 44.1 / 88.2 / 176.4 kHz and 48 / 96 / 192 kHz sample rates, resulting in stunningly low jitter (under 10 picoseconds) for pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
- HEXA Core UAD processing for tracking through models of vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amps, with near-zero latency and 50% more DSP than earlier Apollos, and with no burden on your computer's CPU
- Two high-speed Thunderbolt 3 ports for connectivity with Mac and Windows computers (Thunderbolt cable available separately)
- 1 RU rackmount form factor with reliable AC powering (secure locking external power supply included)
- Free, industry-leading phone/online technical support from knowledgeable audio engineers
I/O for the Commercial Studio
- 18x20 audio interface with 16 balanced analog line-level inputs and outputs via DB25 multipin connectors
- Stereo XLR monitor output with level control
- Selectable operating level of +20 dBu or +24 dBu for out-of-the-box compatibility with professional mixing consoles and other high-end pro audio equipment
- Stereo AES/EBU input and output on XLR jacks, ideal for interconnecting mastering converters
- BNC wordclock I/O with selectable 75-ohm termination, crucial for accurate synchronization with other digital equipment
- Built-in multichannel monitor controller with assignable dim or mono mode, works with main, alt, or even 7.1 surround sound speaker setups
- Integrated talkback and cues for easy communication and slate functionality
- Extensive front-panel metering and indication
Expandable I/O and DSP
- Cascade up to four Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces and six UAD-2 Thunderbolt devices for expanded I/O and DSP
- Backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via a qualified adapter (available separately)
34 Powered Plug-Ins
- UA 610-A Tube Preamp and EQ (Vintage)
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and EQ (Modern)
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection (1176LN Rev E, 1176 Rev A, and 1176AE 40th Anniversary Edition)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec MEQ-5 EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection (EQP-1A, MEQ-5, and HLF-3C)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection (LA-2A Silver, LA-2A Gray, and LA-2)
- Teletronix LA-3A Audio Leveler
- Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ Collection (Helios Type 69 and Helios Type 69 Legacy)
- V76 Preamplifier
- Raw Distortion
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Fairchild Tube Limiter Collection (Fairchild 660 and Fairchild 670)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Pure Plate Reverb
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
- UA Oxide Tape Recorder
Integration with LUNA Recording System for Mac
- Works with all major DAWs including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more
- Apollo x16 becomes a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, a powerful free recording application for Mac from Universal Audio
- Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring, LUNA lets you track and mix using an intuitive single-window workflow with unlimited track counts, full Audio Units plug-in support, and access to a suite of exclusive LUNA instruments and extensions such as Studer Multitrack Tape and Neve Summing
In the Box
- Universal Audio Apollo x16 Heritage Edition Rackmount 18x20 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface with Real-Time UAD Processing
- External Power Supply
- IEC Power Cable
- 4 x Rackmount Screws
- 34 x UAD Plug-Ins (Download)
- LUNA Recording Software for Mac (Download)
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Free Items - Please note that pictures of any Free Items on listings are intended as a generic representation of the free item(s) offered. Free items will be sent to you based on our current stock at the time of sale. We will substitute like or similar items when necessary to insure that you still get your free item(s) with your purchase.
Digital Delivery - After finalizing your order for any downloadable product, you’ll receive an activation key via email. This email will include a product link and directions for downloading. Downloads are Non-Returnable Items. Download Emailed Globally.
PLEASE NOTE - Different items and manufacturers may have specific system requirements to use the product. BUYER is responsible for checking individual item specifications for compatibility with their system. We suggest you reference the manufacturers’ website(s) for this purpose.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.