XLN Audio Addictive Keys: Electric Grand Piano Mac/PC Virtual Instrument VST AU AAX
XLN Audio Addictive Keys: Electric Grand Piano Mac/PC Software Plug-in
- Scitscat Music is an Authorized Dealer for all software products we sell.
- When you purchase software from us, you will be receiving a legal version provided to us by the software manufacturer.
- We will be mailing you a copy of the Invoice for the transaction.
THE INSTRUMENT AND ITS PRESETS
Our Electric Grand instrument features a meticulously sampled Yamaha CP-80, an electro-acoustic instrument that was produced from the late 1970s through the mid 1980s.
Electric grand pianos have hammers and strings just like acoustic pianos. However, unlike acoustic pianos, these pianos have pickups under the strings that feed the sound to an amplifier—just like an electric guitar or bass. TThe combination of acoustic, electric, and amplified sources let you craft unique piano-like textures that that are more harmonically complex and interesting than a typical acoustic piano.
The Addictive Keys engine plays back the instrument with incredible detail and the advanced studio effects accurately model the tremolo and tone controls of the original instrument. In addition, it lets you push the sonic boundaries beyond what the original instrument could accomplish.
We recorded the CP-80 in several ways to maximize options for our outstanding team of sound designers.
Direct (Line Out): We recorded the direct output cleanly as well as through a well-maintained vintage Roland Dimension-D hardware chorus.
Amplified Output: We played the CP-80 through a Music Man 112 RD tube combo amp with three close microphones and one stereo ambience microphone set further back to capture the room's sound.
Acoustic Strings: Although rarely heard on albums, we loved the acoustic sound of the CP-80's strings and recorded it in stereo.
These seven different recording setups gave our sound designers the ability to craft all kinds of amazing presets. You too can easily create inspiring presets that are uniquely yours.
- Line (Mono) - Avalon U5
- Amb. Tube (XY) - Neumann SM69 (Amp)
- Close Ribbon (Mono) - Coles 4038 (Amp)
- Close Dynamic (Mono) - Shure SM57 (Amp)
- Close Tube (Mono) - Telefunken U47 (Amp)
- Dim-D (Line, Stereo) - Roland Dimension-D
- Acoustic Tube (Stereo) - Sela T25 (Pair over strings)