Whether you’re tracking, mixing, or just listening to music, your headphone amplifier is as important to the final sound quality as your headphones – yet the world is full of headphone amps with compromised sonics, headroom, and power. To address these shortcomings, Rupert and his team at Rupert Neve Designs have developed the RNHP.
Based on the headphone output circuit in the 5060 Centerpiece Desktop Mixer, the RNHP is a dedicated 24V reference-quality headphone amplifier with specifically-calibrated +4dBu balanced line, unbalanced RCA and 3.5mm (1/8”) inputs, housed in a rugged VESA-mountable steel chassis. With effortless, wide-open sonic performance and the ability to drive any pair of headphones without compromise, the RNHP allows you to perform, mix and enjoy your music with a new level of clarity.
For much equipment, the headphone output is an afterthought. Most products with integrated headphone amps have large feature sets, small footprints, and relatively low price points. This leads to comprised power and audio quality of the headphone amplifier itself, which can lead to a number of issues in real world usage such as low headroom, unreliable performance, and a lack of focus.
The RNHP was made to accomplish one simple purpose: making any headphones sound their best. As a dedicated design, the RNHP is tailored to deliver extremely high quality, powerful amplification, with precise calibration for any source input. This exceptional level of quality can be the difference that inspires an artist to give their best performance, lets an engineer make better choices in mic and placement, gives a mix engineer reliable translation of EQ and dynamics adjustments, or lets a music listener appreciate the full depth and detail of a recording.
Specially-Calibrated Inputs For All of Your Devices
In addition to being able to drive a wide variety of headphones without sacrificing performance, the RNHP is also capable of receiving a wide array of signals with its 3 inputs, calibrated for optimum level and impedance.
The RNHP is designed for mounting with any VESA 100 compatible mount. These may include pole mounts, wall mounts, table mounts, or articulating arm mounts. These mounts can help to ensure the RNHP is always in the perfect position.
In some situations where you only have one set of outputs but need to simultaneously feed the RNHP and another device such as speakers, a second headphone amplifier, or a 2-track recorder, we recommend using splitter cables from the Left and Right line outputs to feed both devices from the same stereo pair.
- Precision Sound - Wide-open, extremely detailed sound quality allows you to get the most out of your headphones
- Dedicated Power - High-power, high-headroom design can effortlessly drive high-impedance (up to 600 Ohm) headphones even during the loudest, most dynamic tracking sessions
- Reliable Translation - The near-zero output impedance (.01 Ohm at 1kHz), direct-coupled amplifier design provides for excellent translation with any pair of headphones
- Precision Stereo Potentiometer - The highly damped stereo potentiometer is designed to give you precise level control and maintain perfect left-right balance
- Professional Line Input - The calibrated +4dBu line input is selected with the “A” switch. The combo jack accepts either XLR or TRS inputs for balanced professional devices.
- RCA Input - The unbalanced RCA input is calibrated for -10dBV signals and is selected with the “B” switch. The RCA jack is commonly used with home stereo devices or Prosumer equipment
- 3.5mm Input - Stereo 3.5mm input specifically calibrated to work with mobile devices like phones, computers and digital cameras
- VESA Mount - The VESA 100 compatible mount enables you to mount the RNHP wherever it needs to be. Common mounts are pole-mount arm for mic stands, pivoting multi-arm desk mount, and wall / surface mount for securing upside-down under a table, music stand or other studio furniture
- Steel Clamshell Chassis - The RNHP’s rugged, solid-steel chassis is built to a high industrial standard with an overhang to protect the connectors and main level control from glancing blows, as well as shock-absorbing rubberized feet
- 24V DC Input - The RNHP can be powered using either the included 6 watt power supply or a 24V, 0.25A min battery (not sold by RND)
- Maximum Input Levels
- “A” XLR I/P: +22.8 dBu @1kHz
- “B” RCA I/P: +14.7dBu @1kHz,
- “C” 3.5mm I/P: +3.3dBu @1kHz
- Output Power:
- As measured with typical headphones, Z=44 Ω: 3.617 VAC RMS @1kHz = 300mW RMS
- 16 Ω typical Load: 1.933 VAC RMS @1kHz = 230mW RMS
- 150 Ω typical Load: 5.108 VAC RMS @1kHz = 175mW RMS
- Output Impedance
- .08 Ω @ 1KHz, 16-150 Ω load, 0dBu input
- Frequency Response : +/- .2dB from 10Hz to 120KHz
- Measured with typical headphones, Z=44 Ω, BW 22Hz – 22kHz
- “A” XLR Input: -101.9dBV,
- “B” RCA Input: -100.9dBV
- “C” 3.5mm Input: -88.8dBV
- Dimensions : 6.5” wide x 4.6” deep and 1.9” tall
- Power Supply Requirements
- 24VDC @ 0.25Amp (6 watt) minimum. Use with supplied power adapter, as this has been carefully selected for best output power and noise performance. May be used with a properly configured 24V battery as well.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.