The 16-channel Series 68 Analog Recording Console with LED Meter Bridge from Trident Audio is a split/inline console with individual channels in 8-way panels. It offers the core feature set most often needed for analog recording applications and uses an 8 subgroup configuration and incorporates 6 Aux sends with routing options that are simple to use. All connections utilize easy-to-use DB25 connections with master and main outputs on XLR pairs.
With a flexible yet powerful 3-band EQ at its core, including selectable channel inserts and monolithic preamps driving the inputs, the Series 68 console offers a wide array of summing and mixing options. The sonic quality and compact footprint of the 68's can meet any demand.
Furthermore, the Trident 68 input module is comprised of 8 equal input channel strips housed in a single metal front panel. Each channel provides flexible options for recording, mixing, and monitoring multitrack recordings. Each input module can easily be removed from the top side of the console for service and further signal routing options.
Other features include the group section. 8 group channels are mounted on a single panel and each group strip controlling the associated group mix bus outputs. The groups can be used as audio subgroups for combining and processing a collection of input channels. Each group bus has its own balanced insert send/return and outputs that feed the associated DSUB connector on the rear master connector panel.
The master section of the Trident 68 is laid out for ease of use and have all the necessary features to manage your monitors, talkback, and stereo returns. This master channel is independent from the rest of the console to ensure that your console's master output functions can be easily and quickly serviced with little or no downtime.
Finally, the Series 68 Analog Recording Console with LED Meter Bridge ships with a 2 RU rackmount power supply, which outputs DC power directly to the console for clean, quiet operation.
- All input channels are individual boards, faders included, each in an 8-channel pack
- Subgroups are individual boards, faders, included, each in an 8-channel pack
- Master channel is an individual channel separated from all others
- Dual inputs to the channels with line and monitor inputs
- 3-band EQ with sweeping midbands and selectable low- and high-bands
- <27 dB of headroom
- Channel inserts
- Selectable EQ path
- 65 dB gain preamp
- Balanced inputs
- Balanced inserts with full bypass
- Input reverse switch
- Mic/line switch
- Phantom power switch
A 3-band Trident EQ with overlapping frequency range is provided along with a switchable high-pass filter. The high- and low-sections of the equalizer have a shelving response and the mid has a peaking (bell) response with two selectable bandwidth settings.
- Sweepable high band between 1 kHz and 15 kHz
- Sweepable mid band between 200 Hz and 3 kHz
- Sweepable low band between 40 Hz and 650 Hz
- Selectable mid bandwidth between 1 and 1/3rd octave
- 50 Hz high-pass filter
- Selectable channel insert
The 68’s master channel is independent from the rest of the console to ensure that your console’s master output functions can be easily and quickly serviced with little or no downtime.
- Main and alt monitor control
- Mute, dim, and mono controls
- Onboard headphone output with gain
- 8 subgroups
- Two 2-track returns
- Subgroup monitor returns
- One stereo Aux
- 8 stereo FX returns
- 3.5mm TRS selectable input
- Onboard talkback
- Selectable insert return