Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.
In this blog I will be discussing Universal Audio’s DBX 160 Compressor/Limiter UAD Plug-in
Here's an illustration of what the plug‑in looks like.
“Exacting emulation of this legendary, even infamous, VCA compressor.”
A little history
Introduced in 1971, the DBX 160 compressor has been considered to be one of the best VCA compressors ever built. It also has been in the family of analog compressors that are the go to compressors for many engineers and producers. It is very easy to set up and very powerful in the way they function and react. One of their powerful features is the fact that it has three controls; threshold, compression and output gain. They are so popular that they have managed to stay At number 9 on the list of the best 20 compressors of all time, “www.attackmagazine.com”.
It is a very popular compressor to use on all types of bass sounds whether real or synthesized, giving it a grainy and powerful output.
- Plug-in model of dbx 160; first solid-state VCA compressor
- Modeled discrete version with unique nonlinearities
- Same simple control set of its analog counterpart
- Threshold, Compression and Output controls
- LED threshold indicators just like the original
- Input/Output/Gain Change VU meter
- Modeled from desirable ‘non-monolithic’ original design, adding unique nonlinearities
- Requires a UAD DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
Universal Audio does it again
Universal Audio has once again taking great care in creating one of the best sounding analog compressors of all times. The VU 160, as it is often referred to, has been re-created by Universal Audio. They took exceptional care in re-creating its functions and features. Including the three simple controls. It has been tested numerous times with great and amazing results.
NOW YOU CAN:
- Beef up signals and add character with the first solid-state VCA compressor ever made
- Harness fat compression textures to bass guitar, drum buses, or individual drum tracks
- Add a unique voice and flavor to your compressor toolkit
- Give snare drums and acoustic guitars in-your-face “thwack”
Feel free to email us with your questions and we will be more than happy to try and answer them. And please do not forget to subscribe to our blog so that you can receive updates and reviews, you will also receive discount coupons for our (scitscat)internet store. https://www.scitscat.com
Links of interest
Email us :email@example.com