“Easily correct phase issues and creatively manipulate colors and textures”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.In UAD’s Little Labs® IBP Phase Alignment Tool plug-in plug-in.
- Powerful and convenient emulation of the award-winning Little Labs IBP hardware
- Real time, continuously variable phase sweep between 0º and 180º with all “in between”
- Allows mics to be placed where they sound best, rather than limited phase-coherent positions
- Eliminates phase issues with multi-mic setups, DI/mic combinations and live-recorded material
- Phase Adjust allows for either 180º or 90º ranges of phase for a greater range of control
- Low/High ‘Phase Center’ switch allows greater control of either low or high frequency sources
- UA’s plug-in adds “Delay Adjust” giving perfect, continuous digital phase control
- Requires a UAD DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
NOW YOU CAN:
- Eliminate phase issues with multi-mic setups, DI/mic combinations, and live-recorded material
- Place mics where they sound best, rather than limited phase-coherent positions
- Tweak with real time, continuously variable phase sweep between 0° and 180° with all “in between”
- Use Phase Center switch for greater control of either low or high frequency sources
Universal Audio does it again
There's really not much to say about this tool other than the fact that it is very handy! It's basically a tool to help you eliminate out of phase situations.Basically it's an out of phase situation tool, (Which can be a real pain in the rear). This situation can be very annoying, detrimental to your mix, and can 555 cause tracks sound very empty, hollow, and just downright uncomfortable to the ear.
Out of phase situations are normally avoided if you are familiar with the d and don'ts regarding mic angles and placement. With this being said, sometimes we forget our oversee that we are causing an out of phase miking situation. This can happen by setting up more than one mic on an acoustic instrument, guitars, drums, percussion, etc.
Out of phase issues also happen to come in mistake is made where an engineer/producer will duplicate a way file in order to create a stereo file on the mono track. When a wave file is duplicated in order to create a stereo track, it is an identical copy of the original, therefore creating sandwich that are identical, causing an out of phase scenario.
They are tricks to fixing out of phase situations, but not everyone knows about these tricks. Some plug-ins have an out of phase button that you simply push/Turn on and it will flip the cycle of the wave file, causing it to go in phase with the second track
The Little Labs IBP Phase Alignment Tool plug-in for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces lets you easily eliminate the undesirable hollow comb-filtered sound when combining out-of-phase and partially out-of-phase audio signals. Fully authenticated by Little Labs, the IBP Phase Alignment Tool plug-in is a “fix it” as well as a creative one, letting you tweak audio phase as a texture and tonal color.
Whether combining direct and miked signals, acoustic guitar and vocal mics, drum kit mics, or multiple split-guitar amps, the Little Labs IBP Phase Alignment Tool plug-in makes sure signal phase can be quickly and easily controlled and manipulated.
This plug-in/tool brings some cool little features, like delay adjust, phase adjust, phase invert, and even a 90/180° phase adjustment button.
Well, that's all for now. Make sure you study and learn about phase situation and avoid yourself some headaches and hollow sounding tracks
Thanks once again for stopping by and please don't forget to subscribe and visit the (scitscat) website for great pricing and availability, and great sounding gear!”
Links of interest
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org