“The famed SSL 4000 channel strip, exhaustively re-modeled with Unison technology.”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.
In this blog I will be discussing Universal Audio’s UAD SSL 4000 E Channel Strip Collection Plug-in.
A little history
Solid-state consoles have been an industry standard ever since their introduction into the recording Industry in 1979. Solid State Logic, or SSL, as it is usually referred to, is one of the most famous incredible names in the recording Industry. Whenever we hear these three letters… SSL, our ears all of the sudden focus attention and jump! We find ourselves listening to what is next in the SSL conversation.
It is this name and company that has changed the way records are recorded, mixed, and produced over many decades. Ever since it's birth in 1979 these amazing consoles are being Inc. in mixing numerous platinum Records. Engineers immediately started realizing the true power of this mixing console. It was easy to hear the impact the EQ section on this console made on every song. The color and sheen it introduced became an instant hit. Not only is it used in the audio production world, but it is also used for film, video and broadcast sound. With over 3000 SSL consoles world wide in major recording studios, it's no wonder it has become an icon in the recording industry users amongst such artist such as Nine Inch Nails, Bryan Adams, Peter Gabriel, Whitney Houston, Blur, Jean-Michael Jure, and Sting.
“One of the first SSL consoles (in fact the first in the UK, and only the second console sold) was a 4000B installed at The Townhouse Studios on Goldhawk Road in London”
- Most authentic SSL 4000 E Channel Strip plug-in, including mic preamp modeling
- Developed and voiced in close partnership with Solid State Logic
- Record in realtime using Apollo interface with Unison technology for authentic analog input impedance and gain staging
- Now includes Jensen transformer Input amplifier and other nonlinear circuit behaviors
- Exacting nonlinear circuit emulation of both Type E “black” and “brown” knob channel EQ and filters
- Flexible VCA Compressor range, from transparent to “in your face” aggression
- Highly responsive Gate including “no-chatter” mode derived from modern SSL designs
NOW YOU CAN:
- Track and mix through a stunning update of SSL’s vintage analog channel
- Get the full character of SSL’s Jensen transformer-based preamps with Unison technology
- Sculpt your sources with both Type E “black” and “brown” knob EQ and filters
- Harness the famous SSL VCA Compressor and Gate for incredible dynamics control
- Explore creative sounds by swapping Dynamics routing, and placing EQ/Filters in the Dynamics sidechain
- Mix with artist presets from Just Blaze (Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar), Ryan Hewitt (Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Avett Brothers), Ian Boxill (Prince, Tupac), and more
Feel free to email us with your questions and we will be more than happy to try and answer them. And please do not forget to subscribe to our blog so that you can receive updates and reviews, you will also receive discount coupons for our (scitscat)internet store. https://www.scitscat.com
Links of interest
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org