The 12k72 is a high class preamplifier. The main feature of this ‘module’ is a sound completely clear and transparent, with deep bass and an extremely natural treble.
The components used in manufacturing come essentially from the same manufacturers that supplied the ones used originally, reproducing and expanding the benefits of these. Everything inside this preamplifier is high quality: the wires, rotary switches, capacitors, resistors and connectors.
The benefits that this module offers, besides the already known sound merits, are:
• Iron Rack 1 unit format.
• Two mic / line independent preamp working in pure class A
• Using discrete technology (without IC's).
• Gain control in steps of 5dB.
• Output Level Control in steps of 1dB.
• Phantom power 48v with pilot light.
• Phase reverse switch.
• Microphone / Line Switch (Also useful in line mode for mastering or mixbus processor).
• Inputs and outputs: balanced and unbalanced (XLR and jack)
• External high quality Power supply.
• Front input jack for connecting high impedance electric instruments (guitar, bass, synth, etc.).