Built around many of the topologies and custom transformers made famous with the 5088 mixer and Portico II Series, the 5059 is designed to deliver the ultimate “out of the box” sonics and ergonomics in a 2U, rack-mountable chassis.
- Texture - Continuously variable control for Silk and Silk+ modes allows the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of both stereo outputs.
- New Class-A Topologies - With zero crossover distortion and unmatched purity, the 5059 sets the standard for rack-mountable summing mixers
- Custom Transformers - Beyond providing galvanic isolation, the custom transformers in the 5059 are a key ingredient to its larger than life sound.
- Dual Stereo Outputs - Split the input channels into two stems for further processing and mixing.
- Channel Level - Individual level controls are provided for each channel from -∞ to +10dB.
- Channel Pan - Individual pan controls are provided on each channel of the 5059 with a 3dB pan law.
- Master Output Level - Level controls are provided for each of the stereo outputs -∞ to 0dB.
The 5059 features 16 channels with individual level, pan, inserts, stereo-2 sends, and master texture controls, providing easy integration with outboard equipment, complete control for two separate stem mixes, and the ability to dial in analogue mojo in two modes. With the same sonic heritage as mixers used to create countless hit records, the 5059 Satellite Mixer imbues tracks with the legendary warmth and presence of a Rupert Neve design.
The Signature of Excellence
The most important element of the 5059 is its legendary sound. The keys to the sonic prowess of the 5059 are the custom transformers and true class-A topologies found within. The +/- 24V class-A topologies in the 5059 have been fine-tuned over a number of years to provide exceptional sonic performance and completely eliminate cross-over distortion. When combined with Mr. Rupert Neve’s transformer design and implementation, the 5059 achieves a remarkable purity, while also conveying the signature warmth and larger-than-life sound reminiscent of Rupert’s classic designs.
One drawback to mixing “in the box” is the inability to use high quality analogue outboard equipment. Channel inserts are provided in the 5059 to streamline interconnections with analogue outboard equipment and to allow for further expansions of the 5059’s capabilities. By connecting a second 5059 to the insert outputs of a 5059, the dual stereo outputs can be used as a way to add 4 auxes to each of the 16 channels. When used with the , the 5059 can be utilized to create and mix stems into the main stereo inputs on the 5060.
From Clean to Colored and Everywhere in Between
Every mix demands its own treatment; continuously variable Texture controls with Silk and Silk+ modes allow the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of each stereo send of the 5059, or leave each mix pristine. The Silk mode accentuates the transformer saturation in the high frequencies to add a “sparkle” to tracks. The Silk + mode accentuates the saturation of the low frequencies to add thickness and density to any source – especially useful for dry, somewhat anemic mixes. Unlike EQ, the texture control saturates the output transformers, and adds musical harmonics to the source material according to the amount of texture applied.
Stem It or Sum It
Aside from providing aux functionality with a second 5059 module, the dual stereo outputs of the 5059 are generally used for creating stem mixes. These stem mixes can be enhanced using the Silk / Texture controls on the 5059, then processed by buss compressors or other devices, and fed into inputs of another mixer or an ADC.
With 16 channels of Rupert Neve designed class-A magic and numerous tonal and routing options, the 5059 Satellite mixer will elevate your DAW-based studio’s sound and performance to new heights.
- Frequency Response:
- 100K Load,
- +/- 0.1dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- -3dB @ 3.5Hz / 185kHz
- Buss Outputs: -106dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ -∞: -104dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: 103dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -100dBV
- Un-weighted, 22Hz – 22kHz
- Buss Outputs:
- Single Channel assigned @ -∞: -101dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: -100dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -97dBV
- Signal to Noise
- +20dBu output un-weighted, 22 – 22kHz: 116dB
- +20dBu output, IEC A weighted: 119dB
- +4dBu output unweighted, 22 – 22kHz: 100dB
- +4dBu output, IEC A weighted: 103dB
- Output Level:
- Summing Busses to XLR outputs, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz: +26dBu
- Single Channel to Buss, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz: +24.5dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise:
- 1kHz @+20dBu output: better than 0.003%
- 20Hz @+20dBu output: better than 0.005%
- Total Harmonic Distortion, Silk Engaged:
- Blue Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o’clock: 0.2% typical
- Blue Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW: 0.65% typical Red Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o’clock: 0.1% typical
- Red Silk – 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW: 0.35% typical
- Slew Rate: 4V/uS
- Buss1 to Buss2
- 1kHz: Better than -90dB
- 10kHz: Better than -70dB
- Power Consumption:
- AC Mains, 100VAC to 240VAC, 50/60Hz: 45 Watts
- Fuses – not user accessible, internal on power supplies
- Size: 3.5”H (2U), 19”W, 8”D
- Weigh: 23lbs
- Shipping size: 22” x 17” x 8”
- Shipping Weight: 25lbs
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.