Virtual Chinese Hulusi Instrument
Hulusi is a clarinet-like instrument from southern China, especially popular among the Dai, Yi and Miao ethnic minorities. It has a bamboo wind pipe and a gourd resonance chamber, with two additional wind pipes, producing harmonics. Due to the sweet and beautiful sound of the Hulusi, it is often used to express romantic relationships and to accompany lyrical dances.
- Adjustable Sound Field - During the recording of the samples, 5 microphones were used in different positions to capture the room and reverb characteristics. All channels were mixed down to four which you can adjust in the user interface.
- Authentic Performance - By controlling the airflow and fingering, the Hulusi offers a variety of performances such as mordent, finger pole popping, trill, flutter, vibrato, staccato and gliss. All of these performances can be triggered from within the GUI.
- Realistic Expressions - World in Gourd features realistic recorded articulations that can be freely controlled. Using MIDI CC, tone changes can be implemented as in a real hulusi performance.
- Gliss - With three different speeds of real gliss samples and a sample synthesis technique, World in Gourd can perform gliss at any adjustable speed.
- Vibrato Engine - Based on real samples, World in Gourd's LFO engine allows realistic and adjustable vibrato.
- Sampling Engine - The self-developed sampling engine features the best sound quality, powerful disk buffer streaming/sampling compression technology and sound fusion technology.
- Legato - The sound between legato notes was recorded in two speeds and is applied in the software according to the playing speed. In addition, "regular legato", "fast legato" and "popping legato" articulations specific to Chinese Hulusi have been recorded.
- Tuning - You can switch between bass, alto and treble hulusi to get a different tuning, with the alto hulusi corresponding to the original samples.
- Harmonics - The sounds of the two harmonic tubes are available as triggerable samples.
- Spectrum Fusion Legato Technology - To improve legato performance, the Spectrum Fusion Legato process has been developed where two samples are blended into each other to improve legato performance.
- Convolution Reverb - World in Gourd contains convolution reverb samples of spectacular locations as well as famous Chinese natural and historical monuments.
- Effects Rack - Compressor, EQ, Chorus and Ping-Pong Delay for shaping the sound of the Hulusi to your liking.
- Pattern Library - World in Gourd provides you with a pattern library that allows you to easily realize your works and ideas. You can also create your own patterns by dragging in MIDI clips.
- macOS 10.9 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel or Apple M1 CPU
- RAM: 4GB
- Windows 7 or higher
- 32 bit & 64 bit
- Intel or AMD CPU with SSE 4.1
- RAM: 4GB
Extra Requirements on Specific Hosts:
- Logic Pro X or higher (Logic 9 is not supported)
- Only 32-bit VST was supported in Cakewalk Sonar 8.5
This product requires an activation!
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.
Receive FREE Shipping to ANYWHERE in the Continental United States on almost every item or order!
- Most items qualify for orders over $99.99
- FREE Economy shipping to the lower 48 states
- In order to protect your shipment from theft, we require a direct signature when delivered on most orders over $99
- International shipping is extra, contact us for an international shipping quote
- Free Shipping does not apply to special orders and oversized/overweight products
- Any expedited deliveries are available at an extra cost
Digital products are delivered via email, and nothing is physically shipped to you. Most products are delivered instantly, and will be marked as "eDelivery or Download" in these cases. Due to the irrevocable nature of digital goods, we are unable to offer returns or refunds for any order.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is delivered via secure, electronic delivery. You will receive the full product license and instructions direct to your email. Enjoy a safe and fast way to get the latest version and full support direct from the manufacturer.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.