“Legendary for its vocal enhancing and creative applications, the Antares Auto-Tune effect revolutionized vocal production. From subtly tweaking a singer’s intonation to transforming a vocal into varying degrees of robot- speak, Auto-Tune is a powerful tool for a modern music producer’s toolkit”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.
In this blog I will be discussing UAD’s Antares Auto-Tune Realtime Plug-In.
A little history
Introduced back in 1997, autotune would become one of the most popular Plug-Ins of all time. It became an instant hit and a must have Plug-In for all producers, engineers, and artists. It would have state of the art algorithms allowing it to immediately change a Pitch of a note at the input. As producers listened to, and played with this type of power within this plug-n, they started using it on vocals to exaggerate pitch correction creating what's called nowadays as the famous auto-tune (T-Pain effect).
The first commercial use autotune was in 1998 on a song by Roy Vedas titled “Fragments Of Life’”
- Realtime Auto-Tune® pitch correction for Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 hardware
- Create the iconic Auto-Tune® Vocal Effect or fine tune a vocal performance
- Ultra low-latency on stage or when tracking in the studio
- Realtime MIDI control of target notes during performances
- Vibrato, Humanize, and Flex-Tune controls offer pitch correction that is natural and realistic
- Includes Artist Presets from Mike Dean (Kanye West), Jess Jackson (Tyga, Chris Brown), and Dean Coleman
NOW YOU CAN:
- Apply Auto-Tune pitch-correction to a performance in real time when tracking with an Apollo interface
- Correct vocals and other solo instruments transparently during mixdown, while preserving expressive nuance
- Create the iconic Auto-Tune vocal effect immortalized by Cher, Daft Punk, Kanye West, Future, and more
- Fine-tune using Auto-Tune's powerful Humanize, Vibrato, and Flex-Tune functions
- Control target pitches or other Auto-Tune parameters in real time using MIDI input
Mix with Artist Presets from Mike Dean (Kanye West) Jess Jackson (Tyga, Chris Brown) and Dean Coleman
- Universal Audio
Universal Audio does it again
Autotune, how much more can we say about this affect which has become an industry standard and used on multiple platinum artists and songs.
In my honest and humble opinion, I can say that this plug-in has been a great tool in my go to Plug-In bag of goodies not only when I'm trying to fix tuning on a vocal, But also when I'm experimenting with a cool effect on a vocal.
This plug-in definitely needs to be used correctly and in good taste. Because if used incorrectly, it can sound cheesy and overwhelming! For example if you're trying to correct intonation on a vocal, you must understand and know how to use the plug-in in a correction fashion, not as a tuning effect, (T-Pain affect).
Aside from this, I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to acquire this type of plug in. This will probably be one of the most important plug-ins you will and should ever consider purchasing for your set up or DAW.
Universal has done an amazing job in re-creating one of the most popular affects in their plug in architecture. The way it works, the way it sounds, and how it is implemented into their consul, to make it near zero latency! Make sure to watch the five minute UAD tips in one of my links below, you will see the cool things that you are able to achieve.
To wrap this up, I would like to say the following, for those creative producers out there, if you have not experimented with this, do yourself a favor and give it a shot. This will open up endless ideas and Production edits you have no idea where possible.
The best part of all is that this is that this can be all experimental!. Drop it on a track, listen to it, edit it, and if you like what you hear, you just added another color to your production. If you or your client do not like what you're listening to, simply remove it and continue editing with other ideas and plug-ins
Links of interest
Email us: email@example.com