“UA’s groundbreaking tape emulation technology in an easy-to-use plug-in.”
Thank you for checking out our Weekly blog.
In this blog I will be discussing UAD’s Oxide Tape Recorder Plug-In.
A little history
What is tape emulation? I have placed a link below that explains this is in a very informative way (try and read the article).
It has been a main topic for many software plug-in companies. The truth is, Whether you are a new engineer, or an engineer with many years of experience, and working in the analog or digital world, or both, more than likely you have used one of these plug-ins in your productions.
Adding this pluging in your master fader, immediately warms up your sound. It basically causes the same effect we achieved back in the analog tape days. We would basically push the output of the mixer, hitting the tape at a very hot level causing the tape to saturate, and compress the signal printed to tape. Keep in mind, that over doing this technique will cause the sound to be over saturated and reproduced in an unfavorable way.
Regardless of what you are cheating with this type of effect, it can be a very pleasing the final touch to any mix. And with the blessing of today's technology, computers, and available software, it brings an unlimited number of ways for you to experiment with different presets and settings ultimately given you that final sound you're after.
”Groundbreaking Tape Emulation Technology…
The Oxide Tape Recorder plug-in was engineered by the same team behind the industry-leading UAD Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Machine and Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Machine plug-ins. Designed in conjunction with AES magnetic recording expert Jay McKnight, Oxide gives your tracks and mixes the warmth, presence, and vibe of professional analog tape.”
Check this link out for clarification and they very good explanation of what tape saturation is!
- Simple, easy to use features, providing the essential sound of magnetic tape to your recordings
- Custom presets designed by engineer/producer John Paterno guiding you to great sound
- Provides the warm, natural sound and punchy low-end response of large format analog tape
- Tape saturation and circuit overdrive via easy-to-use Input / Output controls and Repro or Input paths
- Tape Speeds of 7.5 and 15 IPS; NAB and CCIR Emphasis curves
- Run 24 stereo or 40 mono tracks with a single UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator
- Algorithm design by UA’s world-renowned team of DSP engineers and AES magnetic recording expert Jay McKnight
- Owners of Oxide get deep discounts towards UA's Magnetic Tape Bundle
- Requires a UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface available from authorized dealers worldwide
NOW YOU CAN:
- Easily inject the warm color and punchy low-end response of large format analog tape to your tracks
- Apply tape saturation and circuit overdrive via simple Input/Output controls
- Use presets designed by engineer/producer John Paterno [Brad Paisley, Los Lobos]
- Experience in-the-box recording “through” tape in real time using Apollo interfaces
- Load Oxide on 24 tracks with single UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator
- Choose among 7.5 and 15 IPS Tape Speeds and two emphasis curves for colorful tape textures
Universal Audio does it again
”Groundbreaking Tape Emulation Technology The Oxide Tape Recorder plug-in was engineered by the same team behind the industry-leading UAD Ampex ATR-102 Mastering Tape Machine and Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Machine plug-ins. Designed in conjunction with AES magnetic recording expert Jay McKnight, Oxide gives your tracks and mixes the warmth, presence, and vibe of professional analog tape.”
Yes, Universal Audio has done it once again! This is truly one of the most amazing sounding analog tape simulators I have ever heard and used!. I've used two or three, one in particular as a standard, (cannot give any names here). However this one plug-in has one my heart over. It has an amazing warm, compressed, and lightly distorted sound. And as always I will recommend that you experiment with this and other plug-ins that do the same.
Take advantage of the free 15 day trial UAD is offering. It will give you a chance to listen, experiment, and even use it on any productions you are currently working on.
Thank you once again for passing by and bring our blog blog. Please do not forget to visit our website and drop us a line or an email and let us know what you think.
Links of interest
Email us: email@example.com